Old School (PnP) Renaissance
Quote:Some of you might have heard at Gen Con (or elsewhere on the net) that Frank Mentzer, Tim Kask, Jim Ward and others are forming a company to produce quality, old school gaming products (primarily modules, at first). These products will be compatible with numerous game systems such as ADnD, C&C, Hackmaster, OSRIC, Savage Worlds and BFRP. For those of us who are interested in or prefer older editions of pen and paper gaming this is great news. For those of you who prefer CRPG/MMO-based PnP games there is Hasbro/WoTC.

Interesting stuff. Something I'll be keeping an eye on. Right now I'm still waiting for my Pathfinders RPG book to come to my local gaming store - it was suppose to be in last week but it seems Amazon.com is experiencing difficulties shipping it. I consider Pathfinders to be the next progression of D&D (3.75 if you will) and feel that 4th is more of the bastard edition catering to a young, power-hungry crowd. Since WotC stopped producing 3rd edition stuff, I'll be sticking to Pathfinders for "official" 3rd edition stuff, and hopefully this new company can produce some interesting tie-ins.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by Xiuhcoatl - 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by Taem - 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by Xiuhcoatl - 08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by Hammerskjold - 08-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by Taem - 08-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Old School (PnP) Renaissance - by shoju - 09-02-2009, 07:53 PM