hunter's last skill
Well I actually did decide to go with cyclone armor for various reasons. One of course was the support for it from here. The other reasons would be more negatives for the other two skills than positives for cyclone armor. So let me explain those.

Volcano
This is a skill that you need to cast under a creature for it to be most effective. My kuko has a nef in it though which means that most monsters would be knocked off of the volcano. Of course it would still be useful against bosses, but I figured that cyclone would be better all around.

Poison Creeper
1 of the 2 summoning skill grand charms I put on this character has poison damage on it. Combine this will the explosive arrows the kuko shoots and you get alot of poisoned monsters real quick. Alram has said though that the poison creeper will not attack poison immune or already poisoned monsters. This would mean that in alot of situations the creeper wouldn't do anything because the monsters would already be poisoned. Thus my choices were to go with a different skill or to not use that grand charm. I decided I would just use cyclone instead. : )

As of now I have cyclone armor up to about level 12. My character has just finished the nihilthak (how do you spell that?) quest on hell. He only died once doing it as well so I was rather happy about that. Anyway the hardest part for him so far has been the council members in act 3. I thought I was never going to kill one of them. He was cold enchanted, lightning enchanted, extra fast, stone skin, immune to physical, and immune to fire if I remember correctly. I eventually had to pin him between some buildings in travincal and shoot him from off screen in order to kill him. It worked out well though cause like within the next 10 minutes of killing that guy a vex dropped, the necro class specific unique dropped, and the spirit shroud armor dropped. I think the game was apologizing or something. I was in shock. : )

Anyway thats how my charcter is doing now and also I would like to say that I have no regrets about putting the points in cyclone armor and now even would have no problems recommending it to other hunters. It has worked out very well. : )

Messages In This Thread
hunter's last skill - by swirly - 06-27-2003, 05:16 AM
hunter's last skill - by ShadowHM - 06-27-2003, 05:45 AM
hunter's last skill - by kandrathe - 06-27-2003, 06:32 AM
hunter's last skill - by WarBlade - 06-27-2003, 09:00 AM
hunter's last skill - by swirly - 06-27-2003, 02:58 PM
hunter's last skill - by swirly - 06-27-2003, 02:59 PM
hunter's last skill - by swirly - 06-27-2003, 03:03 PM
hunter's last skill - by FenrisWulf - 06-29-2003, 05:20 PM
hunter's last skill - by swirly - 06-30-2003, 03:49 AM
hunter's last skill - by WarBlade - 06-30-2003, 05:05 AM
hunter's last skill - by BD_Mfwic - 07-01-2003, 04:10 AM