Yet another encroachment on our freedoms
Quote:How hard is it to assume the officials were wrong when they reversed the decision themselves? Or should we assume they are wrong in reversing it? Also the article says that no traffic or parking issues were mentioned in the warning that had been issued, and if they were to pay for a major use permit I'm not sure what the county would be able to do to change any parking problems. But the point is, it's a house and not a church.
One possibility is that whomever took the complaint had received several complaints and felt that they should be doing something, since people were getting pissed off. So they looked through their statutes books trying to find something to nail them with until they reached the page XYZ and then said "Hey, if we can show that it's a religious meeting, we can sting them for not having a permit, and that'll make the neighbours happy." It's a shame that he forgot the repercussions of trying to pin something on religion.

Of course, that is utmost speculation, and is most likely incorrect. One thing I can say without any speculation however, is that if you try to accurately judge the situation based on one or two media reports, your conclusion will probably be just as inaccurate, as there's very little chance that you'll have all the facts.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
Yet another encroachment on our freedoms - by LennyLen - 06-22-2009, 05:14 AM