Yet another encroachment on our freedoms
Quote:First, every week? Yeah, the annual event or two might be overlooked by the neighbors, but after a month or two of inconvenience, the humor of the situation wears thin. Second, I don't think this took place in farm country.

It was probably more like 10 or 15 times a year, and definitely not in suburbia, and no neighbors cars ever got dinged up. But none of this is relevant to my point. This issue at hand is whether having a dozen or two dozen people over for a potluck and prayer automatically makes the property a church for the purposes of zoning. If you think that sounds like a reasonable possibility or even a constitutional possibility, we might have to agree to disagree. If the pastor were refusing to pay taxes on the property and collecting large weekly offerings to pay off the mortgage, I'd be inclined to think he should need a permit. If cars are being parked illegally, that should be dealt with according to the laws of the county, but it is unrelated to the status of the house as a place of residence.

Messages In This Thread
Yet another encroachment on our freedoms - by Nystul - 06-22-2009, 04:08 AM