Sometimes the stupidity of people makes me scream
Ok, for those who don't know, I'm a web designer for a local company. My 'office' is a desk in a section of the warehouse that isn't being used for anything else right now. There has been several leaks in the roof, and they have promised to get them fixed.

Well, today in the rain, a new leak sprang, and gave my laptop chinese water torture for about 10 minutes while I had a smoke and went to the bathroom. Freaked, because they now might have to replace my laptop, they are now frantically working to find a solution.

The laptop seems to be functioning ok after making sure that I got it cleaned up and what not, but I'm furious. Why in the hell does it take a company almost having to spend money because of their mistakes to fix something? It's not like it would be hard to fix the leaky roof. They have maintenance on hand to take care of these things, but they've been too busy beautifying the sales floor to worry about some of the more pressing problems.

Why oh why can't people do anything preventative anymore?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes the stupidity of people makes me scream - by shoju - 04-21-2009, 02:52 PM