Elite Lionheart armour vs. Duriels Shell
Movies versus books again. Never-ending comparison, that.

Quote:Aren't we forgetting something? legolas in the film used curved daggers, in the book they are not mentioned as curved, just as elven blades (or something of the sorts i have not read the book for a year or so). elven blades often have a curve, but a subtle one that would be hard to illistrate with diablo items.

One, actually.

Legolas had a bow and a quiver, and at his belt was a long white knife.

- The Fellowship of the Ring (The Ring Goes South), The Ring Goes South, ~page 85

He climbed up and found Legolas beside Aragorn and Eomer. The elf was whetting his long knife. There was for a while a lull in the assault, since the attempt to break in through the culvert had been foiled.
'Twenty-one!' said Gimli.
'Good!' said Legolas. 'But my count is now two dozen. It has been knife-work up here.

- The Two Towers (The Treason of Isengard), Helm's Deep, ~page 167

The assumption would be a straight blade. Tolkien's literary associations with curved blades were solely with the Orcs and Easterlings. I suppose that Jackson et al were looking at the curve of their elven blades as a more "organic" look in the movie. *shrugs*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.

Messages In This Thread
Elite Lionheart armour vs. Duriels Shell - by Nicodemus Phaulkon - 06-20-2003, 03:19 PM