Alabama Plans to Tax Fat Employees to Recoup Insurance Costs
Quote:Hi,
So, if you get hired at 20, you should not pay for your health insurance at work, but if you get hired at 50 you should?

Non sequitur. We are, I thought, discussing a measure that will apply to all state employees.
Quote: If neither of your parents had heart trouble, you get a free ride, but no insurance for you if you didn't pick the right parents?
If you are working your way into the slippery slope argument, just say so. :P

If you don't like the measuring device used to define obese, fine. :) But the fact remains that obesity, by and large, is preventable and is a product of poor decisions made by the individual.

And, I reiterate, I damn well don't want to pay for the costs of your bad decisions. You, personally, are not asking. But, collectively, the employees of the state of Alabama are asking for that. The are expecting health insurance to go along with their pay cheques. You may not like that the medical profession is, once again, being asked to be the gate-keeper to validate good health. Heck, I don't like it either. But what measure would you choose?

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Alabama Plans to Tax Fat Employees to Recoup Insurance Costs - by ShadowHM - 09-03-2008, 01:01 AM