Colony Collapse Disorder
Quote:I've come to the conclusion that you are a troll. It took me a while, I guess I'm slow. You're not the Common Troll, you hide behind a decent vocabulary, a sweeping awareness of events, a good eye for detail, and the ability to debate well. But underneath all that, you seem to enjoy disagreements and it appears you make jabs in order to get into them. Hmm, I make jabs too, but I don't enjoy disagreements, so... I'm a ... self-loathing troll?? I guess neither one of us are Common. But at least I don't start threads to do it. I'd rather see videos of dogs drinking beer.
Thanks for that. It's so nice to be labeled.

Yes, its not a new problem. I've been watching this bee plague problem for awhile, but rather than post something and speculate on it, I waited until there seemed to be a rational explanation of the cause. Yes, I took a jab at non-scientists making outlandish guesses at the source of the problems, and if I struck a nerve there then I'm sorry. You seem to want to only think about non-controversial topics, but I'm not that kind of a person. Culturally, we are told to never discuss religion, sex or politics in public. What fun is there in that? The beauty and curse of the internet is that we can boldly type behind the anonymity afforded by the forum. We get to hear how people really think and feel, and I appreciate the honesty it brings to discussions.

I'm committed to posting new topics to keep the discussions from stagnating. I look for things that might be interesting to discuss, and I tend to not be interested in "light" topics such as what is happening on "Dancing with the Stars", or posting my high score on GTA4. So, again, if my selection of topic is too controversial, then feel free to sit on the side lines or jump in if you have something to contribute.

I posted this time because I've heard that the lack of bees pollinating crops is having dramatic impact on yields. Couple that with petroleum costs needed for tractors, and fertilizer and you have a recipe for food prices moving rapidly higher. My interest is in discussing the ramifications of a convergence of events, and what impact the subsequent shortage of food worldwide will have to us here in the breadbasket. My family is well off due to my work, but I'm feeling a severe pinch. I'm wondering what impact this inflation will have on the world, and what match will ignite the growing powder keg.

So, you are wrong if you thought I was looking for a fight, or trying to find a topic that would start a big argument here. I'm genuinely concerned about the price of food and fuel, and the potential bloodshed it will cause around the world.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Colony Collapse Disorder - by kandrathe - 05-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Vandiablo - 05-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Merlinios - 05-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by kandrathe - 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Vandiablo - 05-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Occhidiangela - 05-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Vandiablo - 05-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Vandiablo - 05-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by kandrathe - 05-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Colony Collapse Disorder - by Occhidiangela - 05-15-2008, 02:58 PM