Top 10 Played
Quote:Flobots is #$%&ing huge around here right now (Ann Arbor/Detroit) - there's a decent chance that any time you turn on a rock station that Handlebars will be playing. If you liked Handlebars I would recommend listening to their song Rise... it might be better than Handlebars, I haven't decided yet.

Most of my new music is filtered through online music aggregators - half the time I have no idea if a band is wildly popular or mired in obscurity. I'll be sure to check out Rise.

Quote:I listened to a good amount of Vince Guaraldi Trio but just could not get into it for the life of me. I can see how it would be good for studying, but just in terms of pure listening I was not a fan.

It also helps that both cd's I own are the Peanuts soundtracks. The easy listening and nostalgia of Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang made it ideal for paper writing.

Quote:Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades is one of my favorite songs ever.

Deja Entendu is an absurdly good album. Although their follow up album God and the Devil are Raging was good in its own right, I was disappointed they changed their music style. I would have loved another 10-12 tracks in the style of Deja.

Quote:Since you are a fan of JT as well - what did you think of the What Goes Around... Comes Around video? I like to see Scarlett Johansen no matter what, but the message it delivered - if you cheat on JT you will inevitably die a horrible death - was a little weird if you think about it

When I listened to Future.Sex.Love.Sounds. for the first time, What Goes Around... really stood out in my mind. I looked it up on YouTube, and saw this live version from a performance in Paris. Since then JT has earned some respect in my book for being a musician in a time of pop-fakery. As for Scarlett Johansen :wub:

The video borders on hilarity with the tail end of its plot line, but I still enjoyed it. Reminds me of those Michael Jackson epic music videos from our childhood.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
Top 10 Played - by Mithrandir - 05-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Top 10 Played - by Munkay - 05-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Top 10 Played - by Munkay - 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Top 10 Played - by DeeBye - 05-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Top 10 Played - by Mithrandir - 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Top 10 Played - by Mithrandir - 05-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Top 10 Played - by Munkay - 05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Top 10 Played - by DeeBye - 05-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Top 10 Played - by Mithrandir - 05-10-2008, 07:14 AM