Thoughts for a 5's team
Quote:What we've come up with is: Arms Warrior, Discipline Priest, Elemental Shaman, Holy Paladin, and with the last slot being variable.
What you describe is known as the "2345 team," a setup very common from Season 1 on. The joke is that such a team can roll their face across their keyboard, hitting the 2, 3, 4, and 5 keys to cast abilities, and win. :)

But, like Warrior/Druid in 2v2, it's not the players' fault the combo is so strong. Blizzard sets the rules, and the players eventually find the best combos.

You may find this forum thread full of useful tidbits. Also, a decent article showing why 2345 is so strong, for those who are wondering.

My 5v5 lacks a Paladin. It's really starting to hurt us. If we encounter teams with heavy physical DPS, we pretty much lose because I as a Priest am a total liability to my team due to lack of survivability in that situation. We're Warrior/DiscPriest/RestoShaman/Warlock/Mage, and it's close to a 2345 but has some weaknesses that 2345 teams don't have.

Good luck!

-Bolty

P.S. According to the latest data mining, 21.3% of all 2v2 teams above 2000 rating in the US are Warrior/Druid. That number shoots up to 28% for teams over 2200.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts for a 5's team - by Artega - 02-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Thoughts for a 5's team - by Bolty - 02-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Thoughts for a 5's team - by Quark - 02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Thoughts for a 5's team - by oldmandennis - 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM