So, you want to be a blacksmith: 1-300 guide.
300-350. This was a breeze as compared to any other stretch of Blacksmithing short of the first 75 points.

Again, I didn't sue a lot of purchasable patterns, preferring to stand and afk craft to my hearts content. I did end up going to shat during the process and bough a couple of patterns in Lower City to make it go quicker. Here is the path I took to 350:

300-310
Fel Iron Plate Gloves

4x Fel Iron Bar

This is a great pattern, and with the influx of Death Knight's you can actually sell these and make a little gold back on the item. If you can't sell them on the AH, they vendor for an 'ok' amount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

310-315
Fel Iron Plate Belt

4x Fel Iron Bar

Another 4 bar pattern that is pretty easy to make, and will sell decently. Again, if it doesn't sell well, just vendor it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

315-320
Fel Iron Chain Gloves

5x Fel Iron Bar

The first 5 bar pattern that you need to make. These will probably not sell that well, but you can vendor them as you make them.

320-330
Fel Iron plate Boots

6x Fel Iron Bar

This is a great set of boots, and should sell well on the AH. If not, vendor or DE them as you should get better than 1 Dust per pair blown up.

330-340
Adamantite Cleaver

8x Adamantite Bar

This recipe is a limited supply one, sold by Aaron Hollman in Shattrath City, Arras in the Exodar, or Eriden in Silvermoon City.

Yes, that's a LOT of adamantite. Yes, that can be kinda pricey. BUT, these are guaranteed skill ups. Nothing will make you scream more than blowing mats on items that don't get skill ups when you have this much invested in it.

340-350
Lesser Rune of Shielding

1x Adamantite Bar

This is another cheap item to make, however it will not always give a skill point. Plan on making up to 20 of them to get your skill points. It is however far cheaper than any other option.

This recipe is sold by Mari Stonehand in Wildhammer Stronghold for Alliance players and by Rohok in Thrallmar for Horde players.

Yes, I know that I said nothing hurts more than getting an item that doesn't skill up. Think about it like this. If you have bad luck like me, and have to burn 4 stacks of adamantite to get the skill ups to get to 350, you would have at max got to 345 on cleavers if you skilled up on every single cleaver.

Now, if you have picked a specialty by now, you can get a couple of cheap skill points by using your BoP craftables at 330. I went armorsmith, and made 2 chestpieces for skill ups.

If your server is like Terenas, you will be able to find Nodes in outland fairly easily. Stick to the hilly/rocky areas of the map. By now, most of the DK's are through, and you wont have a lot of competition.

If you find that you have a lot of competition, by the ore. REPEAT: Buy the ore. Remember that outland bars take 2x to make a bar, and that you will be able to find the ore (*if your realm is like terenas) far cheaper than the ore : bar ratio should be. By the time I was 67 on my Death Knight, I had 350 mining and blacksmithing, and was prepping for the jump to northrend.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
So, you want to be a blacksmith: 1-300 guide. - by shoju - 01-12-2009, 04:03 PM