Free merc after midnight
Hi all,

Sorry if it has already been reported.

I was farming with my zon, in D2LoD 1.09d, single player and without my might merc. What was my surprise when I saw a glow in the middle of the dark, and in its center, this ! Cleaned my eyes, and typed "o" (my hotkey to get the merc icon). Nothing appeared or disappeared. I checked the hotkey in my key configuration, made no mistake.

First she was still, then she started following me, and attacking cows. She was impressively resistant to cows attacks - I had set players 8 for a while, any non-steroid act1 random merc should die in one hit under such an attack. She handled a unique cow (see screenshot), i.e. beared many hits my char couldn't have beared. After like 8 or 9 actual hits (without counting those the cow missed), she died. The unique cow was cold enchanted, stone skin and spectral hit, immune to physical ; I would have been curious to see whether this merc would have been able to harm a non PI cow...she was supposed to have random gear, not uber gear I would have given her.

Went back to town, tried to resurrect her - bribed Kashya - but no way. My might merc was the active merc (died several parties earlier, didn't bother resurrecting him).

So, any idea ? What is this glitch ?
--- ALnitak --->

Dexazon-devoted single player

Artemis - level 99 windexazon - 673 dex so far (reachable goal : 737 dex)

Messages In This Thread
Free merc after midnight - by ALnitak - 06-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Free merc after midnight - by Orbert - 06-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Free merc after midnight - by ALnitak - 06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Free merc after midnight - by librarian - 07-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Free merc after midnight - by Orbert - 07-01-2003, 11:46 PM