SR Karazhan signup: tuesday 6/5 thursday 6/7
Quote:Might I point out that you don't need a Hateful Bolt tank? Here's how it works:

* Curator HBs one of the first four on his aggro list (besides the MT) who has the highest health
* This HB does 4k or so damage
* Curator does not HB frequently, maybe every 5-7 seconds

It's difficult for people to die to HB; however they can die to flare damage on top of being HB'd if they were low on health. We use one healer for the MT, and one doing FFA healing.

If you're set on AR, and you have a feral druid, I can make the Enchanted Clefthoof gear.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll certainly consider that for future runs.

We actually manged to down him on Saturday with a hateful bolt tank. There were a few reasons why I felt that was best for our group:

o After our attempts on Thursday with three healers, I felt we needed more dps, so we came with only two healers, and without a healing priest (i.e. no PoM). So my biggest concern for Saturday was actually healers running out of mana, and I wanted a hateful bolt tank to reduce the healing load. As it turns out one of our healers did run out of mana when the Curator was at around 8%, at which point our shadow priest came out to heal.

o We've been doing all our runs with two protection warrior. Given that, it makes sense to have the second protection warrior be the hateful bolt tank, since he has naturally high HP and he doesn't lose much dps from the resistance gear.
[Image: 602280dKiCL.png]

Stormrage characters:
Holyrain, NE Bandage-spec Warrior, Level 70
Pannacea, Draenei Priest, Level 21
Meckwell, Human Bank, Level Tiny
Vicero, Human Bank, Level Tiny

Messages In This Thread
SR Karazhan signup: tuesday 6/5 thursday 6/7 - by winkle - 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM