Mods and Performance
How much do various mods contribute to lower FPS and choppy graphics in 25 man raids? I was getting down to 5-6 FPS while tanking Thaddius last night, and though I was able to flip sides appropriately when my charge changed, it is more than a bit annoying.

I do plan to upgrade hardware, as per the hardware for wrath thread, but in the meantime, perhaps I should cut back on mods.

Anyone have ideas on the worst offenders or what options in mods I might look to disable?

I have already disabled Recount, and am not running a damage meter (there hasn't been a good one since assessment died anyway).

I run a ton of mods - around 50 or so. Most are very small and/or useful for raid leading, and some are cosmetic or fun. Off the top of my head:

Pitbull
Cowtip (tooltip customization mod)
Grid
oRA (to set up tank targets and display them nicely)
XRS (see who is not in range yet or missing buffs)
FuBar (clock, money, guild, rep)
Itemrack
ZOMGBuffs
Bartender
Simpleminimap
Chatter
Parrot (a variant of SCT)
LoggerHead (turns on /combatlog during raids)
Omen
Power Auras (displays an aura around my toon and timer below it so I know when to refresh seals)
Dotimer
ElkBuffBars
Incubator
DeadlyBossMods
Auctioneer
Altoholic

I can post a more complete list later, but that gives an idea.

I was considering trying to live without ElkBuffBars (I love how it automatically puts my debuffs in a specific spot though, so as a tank I can tell at a glance when something is on me or about to fall off).

Pitbull, as well, I might try to replace with some simpler mod that just lets me shift the player, target, and target of target frames around (need them accessible as a tank), if that could help.

Parrot, I might disable, though perhaps just turning off a lot of its frivolous functionality might be enough (I get so much dmg-out and dmg-in spam I can't read anything anyway, but do like having warnings and such thrown up to the middle of my screen).

Cowtip makes me wonder...perhaps all the parsing associated with generating those custom tooltips for mobs I hover over and unit frames I hover over hurts performance?
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...

Messages In This Thread
Mods and Performance - by Mordekhuul - 12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Mods and Performance - by RTM - 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Mods and Performance - by Mordekhuul - 12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Mods and Performance - by Lissa - 12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Mods and Performance - by Mordekhuul - 12-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Mods and Performance - by PapaSmurf - 12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Mods and Performance - by Mordekhuul - 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Mods and Performance - by shoju - 12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Mods and Performance - by Mordekhuul - 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Mods and Performance - by Taelas - 12-18-2008, 08:59 PM