Great co-op games (on the same screen)
Ratchet: Deadlocked had some amazing multiplayer, both co-op and PvP (though the PvP is a LOT better online).

No one's mentioned Super Smash Brothers (either version) yet (unless my awesome skimming powers have failed me).

Burnout Revenge and Takedown are both good. Haven't played the earlier versions.

If you could give us a clue on genre, this would be easier--pretty much all sports games are multiplayer. Not sure about console RTS, but those on the PC (assuming you both have access and a network/the internet) are as well. First person shooters are usually multiplayer.

As far as multiplayer games go, the Gamecube is generally the place to look. I always think of it as the "multiplayer" console. There just weren't that many good solo games for it. I guess that doesn't necessarily transfer to good multiplayer, though.

Anyway, I highly recommend you just network some computers up and play some (non WoW) Blizzard games. Hard to beat the classics.

And lastly, I've found that as long as you're with the right person, even turn-taking can escalate video game enjoyment by factors of ten. Might I recommend The Bard's Tale if you venture down this path?

--me

Messages In This Thread
Great co-op games (on the same screen) - by Taem - 10-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Great co-op games (on the same screen) - by Merlinios - 10-08-2006, 07:19 PM