Any Metal Gear Solid series fans here?
I loved MGS2 and played it to death (I tried my darndest to get a perfect 100% completion on Substance), but that game was just plain weird. My interpretation was that the Raiden mission was "real" and that the strange VR element towards the end was just Raiden fighting off his Patriots-induced indoctrination. He had been forced to spend almost his entire time in VR specifically so that the Patriots could create a soldier incapable of discerning the difference between VR and reality so that he would therefore absolutely fearless.

I really felt as though Kojima made MGS2's story complicated just for the sake of being complicated - it didn't really make me think or be introspective at all, just sort of scratch my head and say "huh?". I don't see why you need a giant Metal Gear (i.e. Arsenal Gear) protected by a mass-produced army of Metal Gear REXs to monitor and alter the flow of information through the internet, but whatever.

Dead Cell has to be some of the coolest villains in any video game ever, though.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

Messages In This Thread
Any Metal Gear Solid series fans here? - by Mithrandir - 10-02-2006, 07:21 PM