Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn
Quote:There's another way to deal with Solenar's bugs (wherever it's better or not is left as an exercise to the reader), which works best if you have fast fingers.

Insteald of immobilizing him always at the same spot and dance around him (i.e., the standard recommended strategy), kite him away from the train of bugs between every immobilize, as follows:

1. Spawn him at the Northwest corner of the Ahn'Qiraj gates.
2. Cold trap, feign, explosive trap, and immobilize him when he gets to you.
3. When he breaks the immobilize, move away towards the Ahn'Qiraj gate and Wingclip him with rank 2 to slow him down when he gets to you.
4. When he catches up again, immobilize.

At this point, you've left a whole bunch of scarabs so far behind that they'll never bother you again.

5. When he breaks, kite him again to the Ahn'Qiraj gate, with Wingclip 2.
6. Immobilize him right under the gate itself. That will make the fears send you towards the wall harmelessly most of the time.

7. Again, do the same rank 2/3 thing and nail him at the ramp towards the Temple entrance.
8. And again, kite him and nail him close to the entry to the Ruins entrance.

You'll basically describe a huge counter-clockwise circle inside the area, where no mobs will bother you.

9. If he's still alive, keep doing the circle and kite him back to the entrance. The bugs will be at the center of the Ahn'Qiraj area, and safely away.
10. If after _that_ immobilize he's still alive, kite him back the same way you came, and immobilize him after the corner of the structure outside the gate.

The "fast fingers" part comes with the fact that this works best if you alternate aspects (between ranged and melee ones) when necessary, and if you can strafe so that he doesn't daze you. The advantage of this method is that you don't worry about bugs left behind, only the few groups he spawns on each immobilize, and that you leave more time between fears so that the cooldown of the pots can be available.

The very first try, when he broke I would actually run towards him to wing clip him back then strafe around. I actually started to move more and let him move more and leave the bugs. But since I was wanting to get DPS on him as much as possible if the fears took me closer too him and the bugs were clear I just started to DPS him.

But yeah that makes a lot of sense. The bugs are only an issue if you get near them. You only get near them if you get feared into them.

A couple GSPP will soak all the shadow damage easily if you have any shadow resist at all. So yeah I think more kiting on him would be better. The problem I can see with this is that he doesn't always like to follow because he does cast stuff of spawn beetles. And yeah you will take more damage but it will be more consistent and easier to deal with damage. And as mentioned get your shadow to 120+ buffed and get some pots and you'll soak/resist a lot of it and you shouldn't have any incidental bug damage.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Treesh - 09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Kevin - 09-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Mirajj - 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Tal - 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Jester - 09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Tuftears - 09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Kevin - 09-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Sabra - 09-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Walkiry - 09-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Kevin - 09-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Congrats to Marn and Blackhorn - by Mirajj - 09-07-2006, 09:50 PM