Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem
Quote:Lurkers generally don't bother with 'conventional wisdom' and 'everyone does it this way', so I'll not comment on your comments about 'any competent raid leader' and all that.

I assumed you valued competency and understanding of game mechanics over conventional wisdom. I wasn't the one that brought that up.

Quote:Yes, that one *does* sound incompetent, but that has little to do with WF vs GoA for rogues, which is the subject of the thread, and *one* warrior in a group for Battleshout does not make the case for WF over GoA.

So, in a party of three rogues, one warrior and a shaman you'd gimp the warrior in order to give a marginal, potentially non-existant advantage to the three rogues? Windfury will increase a warrior's damage output by a ridiculious percentage, on the order of 20-30%. If you are not giving your DPS warriors windfury, you are not giving them the right totem.

Quote:I have a feeling you're assuming a 2h-using warrior, rather than the dw-fury variety, who may be just as happy with the extra agi for more crits.

I'm not, and he or she wouldn't be. 3-4% additional crit isn't even remotely comparable to windfury, regardless of weapon type.

Quote:As I stated, I use WF or GoA depending on the group I'm putting totems down for. I don't make pronouncements till I see the group and its makeup.

Right, but the circumstances under which Windfury would be inferior to Grace of Air in a raid situation are obscure and eventually non-existant. It's not a matter of preference or group make-up, it's a matter of the nature and numbers of both totems.

Quote:Of course, in Lurker raids, you have lots of different builds, so you can't count on any class being any particular build, unlike a lot of raid guilds, which say that X class will be Y build or it won't be raiding.

:wacko:

Messages In This Thread
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Kevin - 07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Quark - 07-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Treesh - 07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Quark - 07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Mavfin - 07-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by ZugzwangZeitgeist - 07-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Kevin - 07-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Windfury Totem vs Grace of Air Totem - by Quark - 07-14-2006, 04:24 PM