2 Gul Runes[25] + 1 standard ruby = 1 Vex Rune[26]
2 Vex Runes[26] + 1 standard emerald = 1 Ohm Rune[27]
2 Ohm Runes[27] + 1 standard diamond = 1 Lo Rune[28]
2 Lo Runes[28] + 1 flawless topaz = 1 Sur Rune[29]
2 Sur Runes[29] + 1 flawless amythest = 1 Ber Rune[30]
2 Ber Runes[30] + 1 flawless sapphire = 1 Jah Rune[31]
2 Jah Runes[31] + 1 flawless ruby = 1 Cham Rune[32]
2 Cham Runes[32] + 1 flawless emerald = 1 Zod Rune[33]

Item Upgraders (retain unique name, and modifiers, of original weapon, just modify stats of the type it becomes):

1 Ral Rune[8] + 1 Sol Rune[12] + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Unique weapon of same type

1 Lum Rune[17] + 1 Pul Rune[21] + 1 Perfect emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Unique weapon of same type

1 Tal Rune[7] + 1 Shael Rune[13] + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Unique Armor of same type

1 Ko Rune[18] + 1 Lem Rune[20] + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Unique Armor of same type

1 Ort Rune[9] + 1 Amn Rune[11] + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Rare Weapon = Exceptional Rare Weapon of same type

1 Fal Rune[19] +1 Um Rune [22] + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon of same type

1 Ral Rune[8] + 1 Thul Rune[10] + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor of same type

1 Ko Rune[18] + 1 Pul Rune[21] + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor of same type

[Edit: There, I put the 2's in the right place, now you can stop having a stroke ghost - ps these formulae are obtained through the Patch_D2.mpq file of 1.10, in cubemain.txt - I have not tested them to get exact results, that's why I didn't post the others, because I wasn't 100% sure what they did - either that or they were missing that lovely little #1 that the people at dii.net overlooked]
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Here's an updated image of the above, and a link to a larger file:

[Image: runes.jpg]
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robert_vogler/runes.htm

-rcv-
People who actually tested the rune condensing formula have a different chart.

You are just post old ideas - thats not cool.
You need only 2 Puls and a flawed diamond for Um.

So with that change, it should "only" take 14,281,868,906,496 Els to get that Zod. Good thing I'm a packrat. ;)

I'm still working on cubing runes with my brother so we can test out (read: play with :)) some of the runewords. Probably won't be until tomorrow, though.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Go to the Phrozen Keep and d/l the beginner's guide to modding
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pafil...ion=file&id=720

Then follow the idiot's guide

About the first thing it tells you is how to examine the mpq's

Look at cubemain.txt

It worked for this particular idiot :lol:
Ghostie, was there a reason you had to post what's you did? That's not cool.
--Mav
If your going to post formulas you should either test them or repost some ones test(or read from the code).

His formulas for high lvl runes are not what people who actually tested it arrived at. Logic is just reposting the old speculation from this and other sites.
Mind looking at the posting times compared to my post, and the "other sites" - and note that it was crack of dawn here....got into a mental rut and kept typing 3's when i was seeing 2's.

runes 21-32 only require 2 and the gem to step up.

That's Pul through Cham (2 pul + flawed diamond = Um for example) - sorry for any confusion.

As for ghost, sit down, shut up, and back off. (truth be told is I noticed that I had mistyped it on another forum this morning when I was going through checking stuff - and if you want to say I'm reposting old speculation you may, but I'm sure you can cease observing your own posterior for a moment and realize I have the correct gems and such - and that my posting time is BEFORE these "other sites" as far as which gem goes where).

Logic, Patience, and a swift kick in the arse. - the solution to all the world's problems.
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
"thats not sool"

vs

"As for ghost, sit down, shut up, and back off. (truth be told is I noticed that I had mistyped it on another forum this morning when I was going through checking stuff - and if you want to say I'm reposting old speculation you may, but I'm sure you can cease observing your own posterior for a moment and realize I have the correct gems and such - and that my posting time is BEFORE these "other sites" as far as which gem goes where).

Logic, Patience, and a swift kick in the arse. - the solution to all the world's problems. "

Please be polite even if you are disagreeing - especiallly whan you were the one who was wrong.
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

Shows the 3 runes for the higher ones. It isn't the first time, but I just want to verify while I am at work and don't have any tools handy to check on my own.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
There are also some changes to items between what I read in the text file and what is on the Arreat Summit. For example, the unique Thunder Maul (Earthshifter), in the AS, lists +2-3 to Elemental Skills. However, in the text file, it lists a whopping +7 to Elemental Skills. :o In addition, the +skills on Bul Kathos' Wedding Band does not match up in AS vs. text file (1 vs. 2, respectively). Either Fraizer used some old information to put those pages together or they've already been making changes to items. Personally, my money is on the first option. :)
-TheDragoon
Yeah, the AS is wrong plenty. I was just double checking. I'll go with AS being wrong. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
this past weekend, and the ones that worked (for the high end runes) were the 2 runes + gem.

Makes it kind of funny when you think about the screenie that showed 3 Jahs and the ruby to make a Cham.

*shrugs*

Your conspiracy theory about this beta patch is starting to look more realistic, Gnollguy. ;)
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Quote:Please be polite even if you are disagreeing - especiallly whan you were the one who was wrong.

I return what I am given. Also - if a typo from being tired makes me by default "wrong" , then I know quite a few people who qualify as being "wrong".

Ironic that there's only 2 people on the entire lurker lounge that don't have manners when it comes to replying to my posts... - a simple " You need only 2 Puls and a flawed diamond for Um." or "you may want to recheck the mpq" would have worked. - you could learn a thing or two from Striker.

[Edit: Also, you were the one who was "wrong" - again I point out my gems are correct (and were always such), and that my post is PRIOR to any of these "other sites" you elude to. Your statement is in the wrong, where as mine was caused by a typo (although yes, I do admit it was a typo I should have caught, it was still a typo though.)]
</response to ghostiger>

Sorry to everyone who saw the typo before I fixed it - the list in the original post is now correct. The other formulae that I have are still being tested by me....to see exact outcomes. People will probably have those up and tested before me because I'm slightly busy as of late (yes, I know "other sites" already have these up, but they are as of yet not fully tested).
Chaos < Logic > Order
Quote: . . . that my post is PRIOR to any of these "other sites" you elude to.

Can't remember if English is your native tongue or not, but I see this error quite often and feel that I should take to opportunity to offer a pointer on a term that was (unintentionally, I am sure) nonsensical.

He was "alluding" to something in your post, or referring to it. See also the term allusion. So, the term you were looking for was "allude."

When I ran from Diablo last night, I was "eluding" him, or evading him.

They can sound similar to the ear when one pronounces them sloppily, which is not all that uncommon, but the short "A" (like the a in "at") from "allude" (one ref I saw had a schwa sound which is a bit more like 'uh') is not the same as the long "E" (like the sound in "beet) in "elude."

/Grammarian Mode
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Back on the new cube recipes...

Has anyone tried upgrading a unique that contains sockets to the next item level (normal to exceptional, etc)? If the sockets were cubed in or added in Act 5, do they stay put?

Also, does anything you put in those sockets stay put when the base item is upgraded?
no text.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Posting results as I do them.

Behold the might of the upgraded Tarnhelm! ;)
[Image: tarnhelm.jpg]
So the armor upgrade works with helms. Haven't found any other AC pieces yet, but I would assume they work. Go go demonhide Lenymo! :)

Elite version of Bonesnap. Forgot to take a screenie of the exceptional version.
[Image: elitebonesnap.jpg]
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Or, so I thought initially. But somehow, my brains says: "Why?" I am trying to understand the value added.

1 chip + 3 blues +3 reds = little purple
1 flawed, 1 perfect, 1 flawless works not at all. :P
1 gem + 3 blues +3 reds = big purple.

OK, I get why that last was added, to keep the 9 reds 9 blues clickathon to make a large purple from happening. I can also understand why flawed does not make a large purple.

But, why not allow gem, perf, flawless all to make a big purple, and a flawed or a chip to make a small?

I realize that ostensibly, gems in general should be used a bit more with the new cubing forumlae, and as I see it, Blizz has always wanted gems to be "in the game" more than they were in 1.03 era.

This just seems like an addition to aggrivation, particularly in later acts where fewer chips drop, or where more flawless drop.

On the other hand, I suppose it is a nuisance item, and not a serious playability issue.

KISS principle violated, though.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Also, why have they stuck with three mana + three life potions when you can now buy all you want for almost nothing? All that does is force you to shuffle your inventory around more as you try to buy nine minor healing potions (for example). It's a pointless annoyance.

1 blue + 1 red + chipped should make a rejuv

One could go so far as to say 1 chipped by itself = 1 rejuv, but I can see the symbolic value of having some potions in there while you're cubing :) -- just not three.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman