The Lurker Lounge Forums
This lobby thing - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: This lobby thing (/thread-9644.html)

Pages: 1 2

This lobby thing - Archon_Wing - 12-16-2003

For you B.net realm users, what do you think about the lobby that appears when you first enter Battle.net?

I personally don't like it. First, you can't whisper to friends in the lobby. (Maybe a good thing?) You also can't recieve whispers. I can see a good in this, but not when you have to join new games every now and then and you are stuck in the lobby again. Plus if I wanted to join my favorite channel, I have to go into chat and be besieged by your typical B.net chat.

Another thing that annoys me is that the lobby gets your character level wrong. If you log on as a level 1, the lobby will always show you as level 1 unless you log on again. That's pretty useless. :(

Since my connection is unstable, I have to go to the lobby a lot, and it's slowly annoying me. It's a decent idea with a few flaws. If they would add a feature of allowing friend's list whispers to be sent or maybe joining a default channel it would be nice. But imo, that's already too much to ask for. However, I do have faith in Blizzard, who might actualy add this feature in about 2014. :D

This lobby thing - Guest - 12-16-2003

Archon_Wing,Dec 16 2003, 10:27 PM Wrote:Another thing that annoys me is that the lobby gets your character level wrong. If you log on as a level 1, the lobby will always show you as level 1 unless you log on again. That's pretty useless.
Nope, character (equipment/lvl) just isn't updated at all - untill you log out with that character.

This lobby thing - adeyke - 12-16-2003

I really dislike the lobby. The lack of command prompt for whispering, etc. is bad. The fact that you get thrown into the lobby instead of your last channel after a game is bad. The lack of enabled channel button is bad. I just find it quite useless.

I still want to be able to set my default channel.

This lobby thing - Caaroid - 12-16-2003

would make the lobby pretty useless. Less programing, more usability. No wonder they chose the lobby :P

This lobby thing - Kartoffelsalat - 12-17-2003

adeyke,Dec 16 2003, 05:49 PM Wrote:I really dislike the lobby.  The lack of command prompt for whispering, etc. is bad.  The fact that you get thrown into the lobby instead of your last channel after a game is bad.  The lack of enabled channel button is bad.  I just find it quite useless.

I still want to be able to set my default channel.
I agree. I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with this lobby. It takes an extra click and more time to enter the chat channel you want to be in, and you get kicked out into it after each game. It makes me sad. :(

This lobby thing - Refrigerator - 12-17-2003

I agree wholeheartedly. At the very least they could have allowed a default channel set when you click enter chat. The very least. Or even just not have had the channel button disabled... but noo....

Quote:If they would add a feature of allowing friend's list whispers to be sent or maybe joining a default channel it would be nice. But imo, that's already too much to ask for. However, I do have faith in Blizzard, who might actualy add this feature in about 2014.

I think you can hear whispers, I'm not sure though. A few times I've seen green writing flashing across my screen in the lobby. I'll check it out tonight maybe. I too, have faith in them, way more faith than you! I don't believe they'll actually wait 11 (Ok, closer to 10) years to implement this feature.... I think it'll be done as early as 2013!

This lobby thing - moget? - 12-17-2003

Hi,

I've been 'lurking' around these forums as a guest for quite some time now and have decided to join you mature, well versed, and (oftentimes) kind people. Finnally, after years of high school toil, I have been accepted into college, and have enough time to actually post here. :D

As for the Lobby, methinks it to be an interesting idea that could have been implemented much better

OT: Speaking of patch 1.10 changes, its a shame a "shared account stash" idea was never implemented. I had heard rumors of such a thing that would work like a second tab of the stash in which you could store/transfer goods between your characters of a single account. It does not take much to please me, and even a 2x4 tile shared stash would have sufficed. Alas, for Blizzard does not realize that such a stash could save them tons in bandwidth, as it would have severely reduce the number of muling games created.

One last thing: Allow me to apologize in advance for any 'l33t sp34k' or abbrev.s I might utter. I am, after all, a recovering Counter-Strike junkie.

Well, I look forward to conversing with you all :lol:

This lobby thing - the Langolier - 12-17-2003

moget?,Dec 16 2003, 08:11 PM Wrote:I am, after all, a recovering Counter-Strike junkie.
And you think college is going to help with that?! ...especially if you live on campus. :)

I go with the pump/deagle, just because it's fun. And I absolutely own at CS so I need to give the peasants a chance (right...).

BTW, don't take any of this serious. Except for the first part. And this part.

This lobby thing - Taem - 12-17-2003

OOhhhh don't even get me started! I HATE the lobby with a passion, as do my friends. I can see it being good when trying to avoid some nasty person whispering you on different account, but other than that, I see no logical purpose for it other than another step I have to take each and every time I log out of a game or into battle.net. It feels soo.. impersonal now.. I hate it!

This lobby thing - Nightwind - 12-17-2003

it did stop the bots, for a minute...

moget?,Dec 16 2003, 10:11 PM Wrote:One last thing: Allow me to apologize in advance for any 'l33t sp34k' or abbrev.s I might utter.  I am, after all, a recovering Counter-Strike junkie.

Well, I look forward to conversing with you all  :lol:
If you took the time to make a coherent post like that, you shouldn't have any problems :) . I've seen people make horrible firsts posts on forums and then change, but a good first-poster hardly ever regresses into terrible posting habits.

Welcome.

This lobby thing - Archon_Wing - 12-17-2003

Quote: Finnally, after years of high school toil, I have been accepted into college, and have enough time to actually post here.  :D

Then you'd better post more, until you actualy go into college. :ph34r: Depends, if your professors decide to be evil or not.

Quote: OT: Speaking of patch 1.10 changes, its a shame a "shared account stash" idea was never implemented. I had heard rumors of such a thing that would work like a second tab of the stash in which you could store/transfer goods between your characters of a single account.

That would be like pretty cool, but Blizzard doesn't like muling too much. They don't oppose it, but they made the stash size small on purpose. :o But perhaps by popular demand, oh say by, 2100.

Quote: One last thing: Allow me to apologize in advance for any 'l33t sp34k' or abbrev.s I might utter. I am, after all, a recovering Counter-Strike junkie.

Just use it in a mockingly sacrastic way and no one will notice. :D

This lobby thing - Archon_Wing - 12-17-2003

adamantine,Dec 16 2003, 02:36 PM Wrote:Nope, character (equipment/lvl) just isn't updated at all - untill you log out with that character.
Yep, which makes it totally useless. I don't really need to know what level my character was. I'm more intrested in my current level. :P It's totally evil, just like spell timers. Let's not get started on that one. ;)

This lobby thing - Guest - 12-17-2003

Archon_Wing,Dec 17 2003, 10:21 PM Wrote:OT: Speaking of patch 1.10 changes, its a shame a "shared account stash" idea was never implemented. I had heard rumors of such a thing that would work like a second tab of the stash in which you could store/transfer goods between your characters of a single account.
That rumour was from 1.00, not 1.10.

This lobby thing - Nightwind - 12-17-2003

how hard would that be to mod? they did something like it for hellfire didn't they?

Nightwind,Dec 17 2003, 04:56 PM Wrote:how hard would that be to mod?  they did something like it for hellfire didn't they?
I'm guessing not too hard. The ATMA program does something like this, if I've got my facts straight. Blizz discourages muling because they think it detracts from the game, so I doubt they'd do anything like this.

This lobby thing - Refrigerator - 12-18-2003

Alright, so you actually CAN hear whispers in the lobby. I really don't have much else to say in this post.
I even have a screenshot (wow, go me) of it.
OT: Do any of you think my sig is too long? Should I chop off one of the old bits?

Greetings,
Refrigerator

This lobby thing - Kartoffelsalat - 12-18-2003

Can you reply to whispers (using /r or /m, /w)?

As for your sig, I don't think it's too long. The only sigs that I don't like are ones that are real big images. My sig is 18k, which I guess is borderline. If anybody wants it scaled down, I can probably make it smaller.

This lobby thing - moget? - 12-18-2003

Nah, methinks your signature is quite alright, I enjoy [wcip]angel's quote :D

This lobby thing - monkorn - 12-18-2003

The evil part of the lobby whispering is that if there has been heavy lobby activity(it only has the wc3 patch right now, so it is fine) like what happened right after release of the patch, you have to scroll down each time. It has all the whispers below, but the latest news on top.

GF said it was to save bandwidth, and anything we say will mean nothing in the end:|.