The Lurker Lounge Forums
FOrb. To synergy or not to. - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: FOrb. To synergy or not to. (/thread-6974.html)

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - Sirbub - 02-18-2005

To the Orb sorcs out there.

I have a sorc that had maxed orb and cold mastery that does about 325 dmg but I never synerged it with ice bolt due to the only 2% gain. I can go thru normal and Nm with no problem the way it is now but slow way down in hell, but I gess thats the point of hell monsters. Even thou my sorc is 87 atm I think it is a bit late to start doing ice bolt now but I am thinking of making a new one. I gess my point is, is it worth it to spend the 20 points in ice bolt? If you were to make a new orb sorc would you ice bolt your orb or not? This will be a realm sorc also. thx in advance

Sirbub

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - whathuh - 02-20-2005

Sirbub,Feb 18 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:To the Orb sorcs out there.

I have a sorc that had maxed orb and cold mastery that does about 325 dmg but I never synerged it with ice bolt due to the only 2% gain.  I can go thru normal and Nm with no problem the way it is now but slow way down in hell, but I gess thats the point of hell monsters.  Even thou my sorc is 87 atm I think it is a bit late to start doing ice bolt now but I am thinking of making a new one.  I gess my point is, is it worth it to spend the 20 points in ice bolt?  If you were to make a new orb sorc would you ice bolt your orb or not?  This will be a realm sorc also.  thx in advance

Sirbub
[right][snapback]68400[/snapback][/right]
Maxing your ice bolt is actually kind of useful if you like frozen orb a lot and find yourself using it on anything that moves. 20 points gives you 40% enhanced damage, not bad when you combine that with the - resistances. That means you actually multiply your cold mastery and your enhanced damage (I really hope I'm right). I can see a pure frozen orb sorc now just for fun. 6 facet crystal, cold ormus w/facet. Lower resist wand on switch, infinity. I dont think anyone can be that cold immune.

My opinion, don't bother maxing it unless you really want to try it out. Frozen orb is a good enough skill without synergies. Just multi skill and get something else in there, like fireball. Or chain lightning, just make sure you get a fast weapon.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - Minionman - 02-20-2005

whathuh,Feb 19 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:Or chain lightning, just make sure you get a fast weapon.
[right][snapback]68492[/snapback][/right]

1.10 they apparently switched this. Lightning and chain lightning are fast cast.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - whathuh - 02-22-2005

Minionman,Feb 20 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:1.10 they apparently switched this. Lightning and chain lightning are fast cast.
[right][snapback]68523[/snapback][/right]
Hmm, very well could be. I checked on diablo2.ingame.de's speed calculator and it still registers as a weapon based attack. I dont have a single sorceress with lightning right now and I deleted Hero Editor off my computer, so I'd have to put forth more effort than I would like to test it out.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - adeyke - 02-22-2005

whathuh,Feb 21 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:Hmm, very well could be.  I checked on diablo2.ingame.de's speed calculator and it still registers as a weapon based attack.  I dont have a single sorceress with lightning right now and I deleted Hero Editor off my computer, so I'd have to put forth more effort than I would like to test it out.
[right][snapback]68610[/snapback][/right]

The skills definitely do use FCR now, not IAS. They're somewhat slower than other spells, though.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - whathuh - 02-23-2005

adeyke,Feb 21 2005, 11:39 PM Wrote:The skills definitely do use FCR now, not IAS.  They're somewhat slower than other spells, though.
[right][snapback]68620[/snapback][/right]
Interesting... Do they have the same breakpoints as with regular fcr? If someone knows, I won't have to test it out myself.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - adeyke - 02-23-2005

whathuh,Feb 23 2005, 08:05 AM Wrote:Interesting... Do they have the same breakpoints as with regular fcr?  If someone knows, I won't have to test it out myself.
[right][snapback]68809[/snapback][/right]

There's a cast speed calculator here. Zauberin = sorceress, Zauberin (Blitzschlag/Kettenblitz) = sorceress (lightning/chain lightning). It unfortunately only accepts multiples of 5 for the FCR, though.

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - BFD - 02-26-2005

The lightning/chain FCR breakpoint to the best of knowledge are:

Frames / FCR
19 0
18 7
17 15
16 23
15 37
14 52
13 78
12 117

FOrb. To synergy or not to. - whathuh - 02-27-2005

BFD,Feb 25 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:The lightning/chain FCR breakpoint to the best of knowledge are:

Frames / FCR
19  0
18  7
17  15
16  23
15  37
14  52
13  78
12  117
[right][snapback]69091[/snapback][/right]
The calc adeyke suggested shows that 15 fpa is between 30 and 35. Also, there is a 11 frame between 190-195. That should be fun to try to get.
Weapon: 50
Helm: 25
Armor: 30
Shield: 35
Gloves: 20
Belt: 20
Boots: I don't think there are any!
Amulet: 20
Rings: 20
Comes out to 220 FCR. Now THATS a whole lot of casting.