The Lurker Lounge Forums
Firefox users, I need a new theme - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Firefox users, I need a new theme (/thread-5815.html)

Pages: 1 2

Firefox users, I need a new theme - DeeBye - 08-21-2005

I just upgraded to Firefox 1.06. I figured that this was a good time to completely nuke my Firefox junk, so here I am. I don't particularly like the default Firefox theme, so I need a new one. I'm looking for something sleek and modern.

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Munkay - 08-21-2005

DeeBye,Aug 21 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:I just upgraded to Firefox 1.06.  I figured that this was a good time to completely nuke my Firefox junk, so here I am.  I don't particularly like the default Firefox theme, so I need a new one.  I'm looking for something sleek and modern.

Welp, when I tried to find the name of my current skin I found something rather alarming. It no longer is on the theme list. So I can't help you out, little buddy!

I upgraded recently too, but apparently the skin "grandfathered" in, despite being dropped from the accepted skins toolbox.

Goodluck finding a suitable one!

Cheers,

Munk

Firefox users, I need a new theme - bigeyedbug - 08-21-2005

If you like clean and simple, I recommend 708090 and 708090 lite by Roland Buehlmann: Clicky. They're about as cartoony as their names.

OTOH, maybe you have a thing for purple kitty paws.

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Munkay - 08-21-2005

bigeyedbug,Aug 21 2005, 01:22 AM Wrote:If you like clean and simple, I recommend 708090 and 708090 lite by Roland Buehlmann: Clicky.  They're about as cartoony as their names. 

OTOH, maybe you have a thing for purple kitty paws.
[right][snapback]86811[/snapback][/right]

My bet is DeeBye goes with the purple kitty claws.

:whistling: :D :wub:

Cheers,

Munk

Firefox users, I need a new theme - DeeBye - 08-21-2005

Munkay,Aug 21 2005, 10:00 AM Wrote:My bet is DeeBye goes with the purple kitty claws.

:whistling:  :D  :wub:

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]86820[/snapback][/right]

You would lose that bet.

Firefox users, I need a new theme - pakman - 08-22-2005

I use pimpzilla.

I have another question, though. With the new version of firefox, all my extensions seem to not work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling them. Is it just that they need to be updated by the people that made them, or is it something in the new version that disables them?

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Munkay - 08-22-2005

pakman,Aug 22 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:I use pimpzilla.

I have another question, though. With the new version of firefox, all my extensions seem to not work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling them. Is it just that they need to be updated by the people that made them, or is it something in the new version that disables them?
[right][snapback]86873[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, you're having trouble with version 1.0.6? It's possible its an isolated problem, I'm running 1.0.6 and my extensions still work.

I have installed:
FlashGot v. 0.5.4
Bandwith Tester v. 0.4.1
fireFTP v. 0.86.1
Image Zoom v. 0.1.7
Nuke Anything v.0.2
stumbleupon v. 1.999
Tabbrowser Preferences v. 1.0.0
Adblock v. .5
NoScript v. 1.1.1
Wikalong v. 0.12

Tell me if I can do anything else.

Cheers,

Munk

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Alram - 08-22-2005

I am also using 1.06 with the following extensions intact.

Adblock
BBC code
MiniT
Flashblock

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Archon_Wing - 08-23-2005

DeeBye,Aug 20 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:I just upgraded to Firefox 1.06.  I figured that this was a good time to completely nuke my Firefox junk, so here I am.  I don't particularly like the default Firefox theme, so I need a new one.  I'm looking for something sleek and modern.
[right][snapback]86807[/snapback][/right]

I personally used the "Brushed" theme
http://temporaer.net/open/themes/brushed.php

Firefox users, I need a new theme - DeeBye - 08-23-2005

Archon_Wing,Aug 22 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:I personally used the "Brushed" theme
[right][snapback]86961[/snapback][/right]

That's what I was using before, and after trying out a bajillion different themes I've gone right back to it. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better.

Firefox users, I need a new theme - bigeyedbug - 08-23-2005

Archon_Wing,Aug 22 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:I personally used the "Brushed" theme

Nice and simple, but the "home" icon still looks too much like a house for my taste. I can't stand that. :rolleyes:

bigeyedbug,Aug 22 2005, 07:59 PM Wrote:Nice and simple, but the "home" icon still looks too much like a house for my taste.  I can't stand that.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]86967[/snapback][/right]

Why? What would you prefer it to be? :P

Firefox users, I need a new theme - gekko - 08-23-2005

DeeBye,Aug 22 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:That's what I was using before, and after trying out a bajillion different themes I've gone right back to it.  As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better.
[right][snapback]86966[/snapback][/right]

God, that looks so much like safari. :D

Next best to the real thing, I suppose.

gekko

Firefox users, I need a new theme - pakman - 08-23-2005

Well, I decided to reinstall 1.0.6 and use a new theme, iFox. I also reinstalled all my extensions and now it works perfectly. :blink:

Firefox users, I need a new theme - bigeyedbug - 08-23-2005

Archon_Wing,Aug 22 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:Why? What would you prefer it to be? :P
[right][snapback]86968[/snapback][/right]

A chevron. Maybe if I'm feeling particularly rococo, two verticals and even a horizontal line at the base.

But anything evocative of a chimney, windows, or a doormat, and it's right out. :lol:

Firefox users, I need a new theme - NiteFox - 08-23-2005

Ech, seeing all this makes me once again consider switching to Firefox. However, last time I tried it I found out that all users on my multi-user Win98 system shared the same history, cache, cookies and autofill information, and the alleged profiler did nothing to seperate them.

If IE can do this by default, then I should hope that Firefox should be able to do so as well.

Plus there's the whole "by setting FF as your default browser for one Windows profile means that it's automatically default browser for all profiles."

My mother has barely learned IE, but has earned some familiarity. She's completely befuddled when she starts up the interweb and is faced with a whole new program.

Edit: Ech, never mind. Downloaded and installed Firefox and was reminded within five minutes of all the features that annoys me so.

bigeyedbug,Aug 23 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:A chevron.  Maybe if I'm feeling particularly rococo, two verticals and even a horizontal line at the base.

But anything evocative of a chimney, windows, or a doormat, and it's right out. :lol:
[right][snapback]87006[/snapback][/right]

I will not delve further into the implications of what you consider home. ;)

Firefox users, I need a new theme - LochnarITB - 08-23-2005

Archon_Wing,Aug 22 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:I personally used the "Brushed" theme
Very nice! I replaced my former favorite, Walnut, with this. The thing that really sold me was the look of the ForecastFox tooltip, very sharp with its icon and print on the graduated blue background. Unfortunately, even this one isn't perfect. I would love to see the scroll bar handles have a brushed effect, but I wonder if that is not possible. I don't know if I have seen one that was able to texture the scroll bar handles. I would also like to see a brushed background behind the bookmark sidebar. Oh well, now I have two I can switch between when I want a change. Thanks.

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Quark - 08-23-2005

Archon_Wing,Aug 22 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:I personally used the "Brushed" theme

Thanks for the recommendation! Using that right now, at least for awhile. I find the default theme looked best when I had a custom UI for WindowsXP and the default theme automatically picked up the new colors, believe it or not. But I don't have that set up right now (been too busy goofing off!) so this is a nice replacement.

This replaces Pinball as my pre-modded Windows theme now :)

Firefox users, I need a new theme - Archon_Wing - 08-24-2005

On the topic of themes, does anyone have any good themes for Windows and Winamp? ;)