The Lurker Lounge Forums
A Business Opportunity - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: A Business Opportunity (/thread-5678.html)

Pages: 1 2

A Business Opportunity - Doc - 09-13-2005

Occhidiangela,Sep 13 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Is this a breakfast dish intended for days where you plan to peel wall paper from the kitchen walls?  :P

Occhi
[right][snapback]89002[/snapback][/right]

Actually, it's a traditional po' folk Mexican desert. It's also quite popular with folks here in the South. Well, some folks. No offense, but the white folk aint seemed to catch on how delicious it is.

It's sweet and creamy and damned good ice cold with whipped cream. Hell yeah.

A Business Opportunity - kandrathe - 09-13-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:This thread is still not locked.  How interesting.

I recommend that we dedicate it to pie.
[right][snapback]88991[/snapback][/right]

My favorite is a warmed berry or apple pie with vanilla ice cream. A close second would be Lemon or Lime Merangue.

Pie

Cody Miller, when you come back you bring pie!

A Business Opportunity - Occhidiangela - 09-13-2005

Doc,Sep 13 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:Actually, it's a traditional po' folk Mexican desert. It's also quite popular with folks here in the South. Well, some folks. No offense, but the white folk aint seemed to catch on how delicious it is.

It's sweet and creamy and damned good ice cold with whipped cream. Hell yeah.
[right][snapback]89006[/snapback][/right]

If it is yummy, it is yummy.

Will run it by the missus and see if she wants to give it a try. Every New Year's Day she maked Nine Bean Soup, a local custom, so why Not Pinto Bean Pie?

Occhi

Occhidiangela,Sep 13 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:If it is yummy, it is yummy.

Will run it by the missus and see if she wants to give it a try.  Every New Year's Day she maked Nine Bean Soup, a local custom, so why Not Pinto Bean Pie?

Occhi
[right][snapback]89008[/snapback][/right]

It's cheap to make. Prolly less than a buck for all the stuff you need.

And about it being yummy... It is. But folks round here, a lot of them be a bit racist. And they hear pinto bean pie and they associate it with certain ethnic groups, and it poisons their taste buds. "Oh that's just gross!" they say. People turn their nose up at some foods for whatever reason.

I don't put rum in mine any more. I am still dry. It does taste a bit better with the rum.

Traditionally, it is served with cafe de leche. (spelling? ) I eat it all the time. Hmm, I probably make it at least twice a week.

Gotta warn you though. Something about the sugar, eggs, beans, (and rum) brews up the sort of fart that could end a marriage.

A Business Opportunity - Occhidiangela - 09-13-2005

Doc,Sep 13 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:Gotta warn you though. Something about the sugar, eggs, beans, (and rum) brews up the sort of fart that could end a marriage.
[right][snapback]89010[/snapback][/right]

So does pregnancy, but I still love her, and I am still married. :D

Occhi

A Business Opportunity - kandrathe - 09-13-2005

If you have a screen porch, like I do, we call that after dinner entertainment. :)

A Business Opportunity - Lady Vashj - 09-13-2005

Try a nice quiche instead. After all, what is quiche but egg pie? You can make a nice Bisquick quiche ahead of time - put all your solid ingredients (cheese, bacon, onions, whatever) into the pan beforehand, leave it in the fridge until you're ready to start, then whip up the Bisquick and eggs part in five minutes or less, pour it over the cheese &c, and stick it in the oven.

Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 01:36 PM Wrote:Try a nice quiche instead.  After all, what is quiche but egg pie?  You can make a nice Bisquick quiche ahead of time - put all your solid ingredients (cheese, bacon, onions, whatever) into the pan beforehand, leave it in the fridge until you're ready to start, then whip up the Bisquick and eggs part in five minutes or less, pour it over the cheese &c, and stick it in the oven.
[right][snapback]89055[/snapback][/right]

REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!

A Business Opportunity - NiteFox - 09-13-2005

Doc,Sep 13 2005, 06:38 PM Wrote:REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!
[right][snapback]89057[/snapback][/right]
Quote:"I'm not a real man, I'm a quiche-eater.  Sorry."
Name that game, quote-fans, and maybe I'll rustle up some variety of prize.

A Business Opportunity - Minionman - 09-13-2005

Doc,Sep 13 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!
[right][snapback]89057[/snapback][/right]

A little worried about manhood are we?

Don't like the cheese in quiche, I think I'll have a taco.