How well does Charge work in 1.10?
As stated, im interested in hearing about experiences with it. And as i can see it can reach pretty high levels of damage. But ive also heard there is issues with it, like suddenly getting stuck and unable to move.

And what kinds of weapons would you recommend? Short range or long range ones?
Charge is serius bugged.

It looks like that the bug occurs when trying to charge while in hitrecovery or when out of mana. Result is getting frozen in place.

Most of the times using weaponswitch resolve it. But not always, and the exit is only choice. So basicly charge is out off the question in hardcore, and really annoying else.

Still charge is a ok fun party skill, having its funktions and role in a team.
One of the interesting things is that the synergys makes wearing a damage aura less important, giving a much more free role in letting an aura making the differense for a party!

A charger is one of the best characters (besides a ranged ) to apply prevent monster heal and such effects to a lot af targets and then let the party take them down!

Old practice sense recommend a short range weapon to minimize the instances where a charge fail because a target is in reach! I have personal not decided on this as it looks to me as big weapon reach makes for some charge and hit everything situations, but I might be serius wrong here. It might as well depend on playstyle, as I have developed the custom to nearly always back off, or go for the next target, instead of rehitting the same monster.
Charge is bugged, though I don't think it's nearly as bad as it was in the beta.

1) If you start a charge while in hit recovery or in the blocking animation you will freeze in place.

2) If you are in chargelock (holding down the mouse button on an enemy to continously charge) and run out of mana you will freeze in place.

Both can be cured by switching weapons. I have never yet run into a sitation where weapon switch doesn't work, then again I play singleplayer which might be a factor.

2) is only a problem at low levels, where you have no mana leech and a tiny mana pool. 1) just requires you to be more careful when charging with a bunch of ranged attackers around. Both can be worked around fairly easily, IMO charge is still quite useable.

Charge does GINORMOUS amounts of physical damage. Not only is the damage per hit ludicrous, but if you continously charge something you can get a good amount of hits per second as well (~3 charges / second, seemingly regardless of weap speed). Charge is probably the best unique and super unique killer there is.

On the flip side, charge does take some skill in knowing how to choose targets so as to minimize downtime (when you're standing in front of enemies unable to charge). It's a very different style of play.