Problem accessing forums
After my typing this all out once, the forum was sorry that I did not have permission to start a topic -- am trying again...

Anyhow, where was I? for the last twenty four hours, more like twenty six, I've been unable to access the lounge forums from my usual computer. The request eventually times out.

The browser is IE, but I can read (though maybe not post) just fine from a second computer on the LAN, using both IE and Netscape. Both machines go through a router and a firewall, through a common IP address.

There is no software on the affected machine that should be able to interfere except for Webwasher, an ad blocking proxy server. Closing Webwasher had no effect. I updated and ran Ad-aware -- no malware was found.

This is not as detailed as my first attempted post, but does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be going wrong? The problem must be me, as I asked on the basin if others were having any problems and no one reported any.

Oh, and I tried rebooting.

Thanks!

Edit: I can access all the other content I've tried on the lounge. The only part I cannot access is the forums.

Second edit: problem solved! Deleting cookies and IE's temporary files (not sure which or both) solved the problem. I'll leave the post here in case anyone else should run into the same problem. Sorry for wasting everyone's time and bandwidth.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."