oblivion knights one hit kill bug
Has anyone here encountered the one hit kill oblivion knight bug? ( in nm and hell)

I've been noticing a lot of people with tremendous amounts of life ( lvl 80+ brbs, druids with oak sage, etc..) dying to one hit physical kills from these guys. (no -- im is not involved --- as far as i can tell its a direct hit from one of these guys)

Its happened to me as well, when bo'd with over 2500 life and maxed resists in a nm game running through the ws.

I also just joined a post on a thread at ab about this issue ( seems others are noticing as well), but it would seem that the experts in such matters are located here, so I put the question to you good sirs/madams.
It's called iron maiden. Way overpowered now. <_<
For the ones that haven't read it, the AB post on this.
nt
No Effort.
no, not iron maiden.

It may surprise you, but I play in ab games all the time and I know my curses/auras.

also, I DO NOT, use a physical attack of any kind.

I am a hammerdin --- hammers=magic attack. Last time I check IM would not redeliver this damage to me.

Also, this one hit kill has happened many times to me just running (ie. vigor) past a bunch of them and one will get a hit in - bam, dead.

I wouldnt have posted if I even thought seriously that any sort of normal attack would have this happen.

I've been home off from work these past two weeks and have spent a great deal ( much more then I should have) time doing baal runs back-to-back for hours on end.
I see this issue crop up very regularly, and yes, sometimes I do see the insane IM attacks kill peeps off, but this is not about that.
Hi. I believe it's a combo of desynch/lag and a curse animation problem. Sometimes you get cursed but for some reason you can't see/hear it. It's always with OK's around and never with just OK fighters, so that tells us something. I have noticed if you run and get hit, it's usually a critical hit.., combo that with amp dmg, mutiple hits due to lag/desynch, and possible unique packs with extra strong and aura enchanted and... :blink: I am not saying theres is not a bug, just that it's not the knights that are bugged.., but the curse animations may well be the issue. Have a good Holiday season :)
Humm... I wonder if thats what got me. I thought it was IM for sure, but the damage just didnt add up to the life I had. I was with a barbarian with BO and a druid with oak sage and my life was about 1.5k . I turned off zeal for a NORMAL attack and my damage with holy freeze was slightly under 1k (most of it cold damage). As I understand it, IM returns 100% damage, right? So, assuming I hit for maximum damage while IM'd, I still should not of died because I had full health at the time. So far that has happend to me twice... once in Chaos Sanctuary and once in Worldstone. I died another time in CS but that was due to IM for sure (accidently zealed while surrounded by knights - when I saw that IM go up the second I started zealing, I knew I was dead).
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:As I understand it, IM returns 100% damage, right?

Nope. At level one it returns 200% damage, at level 20 it returns 675%

And yes, hardly any paladin can survive a zeal with IM on