Holy Shield
I've recently began testing out paladins once again, and have noticed that Holy Shield is not displayed on the defense of the shield as it once was in 1.09. By floating your cursor over the shield one could see the upgraded defense of your shield when using this skill. This is no longer the case in Patch 1.10.

What does seem to be happening is that the defense bonuse of Holy Shield is being added directly to the characters defense as it is showing up on the Character screen as a huge defense boast. Anyone have any feedback for this ? I've been trying to research exactly how this skill is working now and would appreciate any help you technical players might have. Myself I just play the game and havn't delved much into game codes or it's nuts and bolts. I do notice things that are out of place though :)
That's exactly how Holy shield works now: applies the defense to ALL your equipment, not only your shield
There should be a patch.txt in your DII directory that explains most of the 1.10 changes, it's kind of huge now (85kb) so hard to soak up everything. It says there at one place anyhow:

- Holy Shield now boosts the defense of the player, not the shield.
Yeah, right after I post this I get all sorts of info from here and at the Basin. My mistake not a bug but a game change :unsure:
It's been a bug/"feature" since 1.00, so it can be a little strange to see it change all of a sudden. :)