Buriza bug?
I ran into a guy on USEast claiming he had an upgraded Buriza. Now diabloii.net says such a thing cant be done.

I ask if he could show me and sure enough it is an upgraded buriza!

Did he use a bug to create this upgrade? Or can you actualy honestly upgrade the thing?
Diabloii.net is wrong on that, I think. I'm pretty sure that they were either blowing smoke or ended up changing the recipe at some point during the beta so that it did work for Buriza. Diabloii.net is just behind the times, I'm afraid.
-TheDragoon
There's no problem at all with upgrading Burizas.

I'm still completely convinced that GF was simply making a joke. And everyone took him completely literally.

Buriza isn't even one of the better upgrades. So there's no balance issues with allowing an upgrade for it. With the removal of pierce from guided arrow, even the exceptional version isn't so overpowered anymore.

And I can't see how it would even be possible to disallow Buriza upgrades. The input for the recipe is "weap,exc,uni". That is, a unique exceptional weapon. You can't write "a unique exceptional weapon except Buriza-Do Kyanon" in that field.
adeyke,Dec 16 2003, 07:10 AM Wrote:That is, a unique exceptional weapon. You can't write "a unique exceptional weapon except Buriza-Do Kyanon" in that field.
You could use op and 100% pierce, since it's the only item which has that? But then it's Blizzard logic we're talking about. :unsure:
Considering the much higher requirements the Buriza elite has, I don't see what issues are there. This is what the weapon should have been in the first place-- an elite unique. Silly Diabloii.net :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
fyi...

The mistake from diabloii.net came as a result of frazier making a joke on the forums at blizzard once and then a bunch of peeps took it as holy gospel.

He later edited his remark on finding this out, but as they dont have an active search function and its been awhile...
*Gasp* diabloii.net wrong?! Wow that has never happened before! :lol: :P