PMs
I recently sent a PM, disabled my signature, disabled emoticons, and I looked at the PM in my "Sent Items" folder. It had my signature, and
Code:
:)
was turned into :) , which I didn't want. So, to make sure that it wasn't just when you view it yourself, I sent myself a PM with a smile as the message, and disabled emoticons and signature. They were both there. Am I just crazy, or is something up?? (Or both?)

Hmm... Disable signature works in posts...
The IBF folks were a bit silly and duplicated a lot of the code from posting/PMing. Unfortunately, it means that some bugs were caught in one but not the other, and that custom skins sometimes address one, but not the other. I would guess it's one or the other: a bug that wasn't fixed in PMs, or a skin change that only happened in one but not the other.

*in theory* IBF 2.0 offers built-in threaded view and code consolidation... but we'll see. ;)
Flick,Dec 30 2003, 02:39 AM Wrote:The IBF folks were a bit silly and duplicated a lot of the code from posting/PMing.
Well, I'm also hunting down a configuration problem with this install caused by my dedicated server move - Flick, is this a documented 1.1 bug?

-Bolty

P.S. I noticed that IBF 2.0 is no longer free, too....sigh :) Oh well, it's worth the price, but my bills are a'runnin up.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Upon seeing the topic title, I wondered what kind of suggestions anyone would have on that subject. I expected a much more umm... lively... discussion given what I perceive to be a mostly male population of these fora (let's see if msworks wants to correct that one too - yep, wants to correct spelling to foray or flora).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
:) I was thinking of putting at the top: No, I did not misspell PMS. :P