Sorceress blocking%
Hum... if you try

circlet of life everlasting
amulet of life everlasting
armor of amicae
shield of amicae
assorted -dam uniques/crafts

you could probably reach around -100 dam. Most monsters strike for less than 100 dam, so that'll make you quite safe. Ouchy monsters such as minotaurs, A3 treants, minions of destruction stike for about 80-150 dam, so are more or less ok. The problem is stuff like bosses with amplify and xstrong, and critical blows. You'll need to be careful vs those, but for the rest, a good -dam build is worth a shot in harcore, I'd say.
IIRC in the damage thread Jarulf said that -DAM, like MDR comes BEFORE resistances. While it is most cases a pain (at least in the case of MDR), it is actually beneficial against cursed bosses.
DeeBye,Jan 8 2004, 12:08 AM Wrote:I've been playing yet another Sorceress in 1.10, and at clvl 77 she has amassed a whopping 135 unused stat points.

I could dump them all into Vit like I normally would, but I've been seriously considering maxing her blocking instead.
I have a recent sorceress who at 77 is now highly dexterous. Last night I wanted to place a few of her seventy odd unused stat points into dex for higher blocking. After clicking once, we suddenly had no more unused stat points. I looked down and saw that my roommate had her big fat paw planted on the shift key. She is no longer permitted to sleep next to the keyboard while I am playing. Let her make her own account.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Mar 27 2004, 12:11 AM Wrote:I looked down and saw that my roommate had her big fat paw planted on the shift key.  She is no longer permitted to sleep next to the keyboard while I am playing.  Let her make her own account.
I recall an incident back in the D1 days when a companion had to take a hiatus from gaming for a while when her new roommate's cat peed on her hard drive. :angry:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

It was off topic, so I didn't mention she also stretched and kicked a can of cashew halves that I then had to clean up from the floor. A friend lost a monitor to a well aimed hairball.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."