Explosive arrows (question)
AtomicKitKat,Jan 26 2004, 12:50 PM Wrote:1. His poison resistance isn't very big(unless I'm mistaken and it's the same as all the Sorceress's elements at 95)
DXXP™ lists in monstats.txt as 50% vs magic and physical and 95% to everything else, including poison.

I have read at least one report of a necro saying poison nova was easy street, but I believe they had some uber -poison% or +poison damage% gear (or maybe they just used Lower Resist ;) )
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
The bone necro in question uses Guardian Angel, and has 1k life, 1k armor, 75% block, 95/90/95/90 resists and fireghtning absorb gear. Do I hear people saying "Dressed to PKK the Fireball or Lightning Trap PKs"? Well, at any rate, he is very survivable (played by a friend, I never had the urge to play artys since they became so powerful ;)) , so the only question I think is wether the damage is sufficient.

By the way, looking at it like this a vengeance pally must have a REALLY easy time against DXPP; prectically negating the attacks (with guardian, 95 all is easy to do), negating the defenses (conviction, and say goodbye to 95% all Mr. D), and also the ability to deliver PMH. Ok, I found a reason to build an avenger finally... wait, no! I will not meet him ever, anway :(
Actually the 4-piece trang set gives rather nice bonii to Posion Skills. If I was not a poor lil boy, I'd say that a partial (4) Trang(+25%dmg, -25% res) , with Brambe (+25-50% dmg) and the lovely Death's Web (-40-50% res) and a, say, 50% lower resist he really does not seem that hard. Again, meeting him is the first priority.