Thinking about Leo's walk
Has anyone here been mindpicking Leo enough to know why he pauzes when chasing someone?
Does he mean to intimidate us?
Does he like to play cat & mouse and give us another chance to run away?

Playing some young rogues lately, I'd like to know how to anticipate those very usefull pauzes.
In IM it would be usefull to know too. I always seem to guess wrong on who he will go after. Does that depend on the biggest treath for him? And how does he decide what the biggest treath is? Does mr. Boney look at character lvl? THe one that attacks him first? The one who is closest?

Any info from Leoric's therapist / archenemy / mother (i.e. ppl who know him) would be highly appreciated.

;-)
Okay, to answer one of your questions, Leo (And all other monsters actually), will when all things are equal, go for the player that has either started the game or if the original originator has left the person that has been present for longest.

So basically you have a game started by A. B, C, and D joins in that order. Leo will always home in on A first, unless B C or D is closest. A gets tired of being killed by Leo and leaves to get his best character, so now B is the target of Leo's desires. A rejoins with new character, but isn't the hot player (Which is still B). B leaves before Leo is killed and the title moves onto C. And so on.

Which is why Warriors (Or at least the most capable tank) should start the game, and all others join in the order of ability to stand up to Leo.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
If A rejoins, he will be back at spot 1 and thus again the one chosen if equal distance. It is an issue of internal slot order. There are 4 slots and the game go for whoever is in the first occupied slot (when equal distance). Basically the game start with the one in the first slot, then check if the next slot is closer, if not, move on to the third slot and then the first. That is why it will keep the first slot for equal distances.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
thnx for the info about his choice of dinner.
any ideas as to why he stops ans pauzes?
Jane,Feb 19 2004, 02:07 PM Wrote:thnx for the info about his choice of dinner.
any ideas as to why he stops ans pauzes?
Because his AI scripts tell him to stop :)

Here is the relevant section out of my Guide for his AI script:

Skeleton King
When finishing a circle walk, a monster using the Skeleton King attack type will start walking towards the last seen position of the target.

General
1. if not active, exit
2. R = Rnd[10000]

Distance = 1
1. in single player, if R < 5, then do revive skeleton, exit
2. if R < Intf + 20, do melee attack

Distance > 1, out of light
1. if last action was walking and standtime is 0 and R < Intf + 75, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
2. if standtime is greater than 1 second and R < Intf + 25, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
3. do delay for (Rnd[10] + 10)/20 seconds

Distance = 2, in light
1. in single player, if R < 5, then do revive skeleton, exit
2. if last action was walking and standtime is 0 and R < Intf + 75, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
3. if standtime is greater than 1 second and R < Intf + 25, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
4. do delay for (Rnd[10] + 10)/20 seconds

Distance > 2, in light
1. if target is in another area, use out of light AI
2. if Rnd[4] = 0, start circle walk, exit
3. in single player, if 4•Intf + 35, then do revive skeleton, exit
4. if last action was walking and standtime is 0 and R < Intf + 75, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
5. if standtime is greater than 1 second and R < Intf + 25, walk towards last seen position of target, exit
6. do delay for (Rnd[10] + 10)/20 seconds

Have fun...
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
*Jane running away from maths, howling in agony*

*Jane decides to come back and have a look*

This can't be that hard right? I grabbed the guide in search for the meaning of magical thingies like Intf and such.
Intf is like brainsize it tells me. But it does not tell me the size of the skeleton king's brain. I must be looking in the wrong places. That' s not important I guess. it's a number 3 maximum right?

The 1. 2. etc are the options given a certain distance right? Not a sequence?
the " do delay" is that the intimidating "I'll just stand here for a while and let u admire my armor"- look?

If the standtime is more than 1 second he moves?
Boy it sure looks longer sometimes. Leo must have some uncharted timewarp skills ;-)

thnx for the info Jarulf :-)