Whats wioth this cable?!
This is my first post here, so i decided to try to solve a problem of mine as a fresh start. I have a cable modem, and so do other people in my town. Alot of us in my area have Diab. L.O.D. However when the cable users (im included) try to log on to ur account and select a character of ours or try to exit a game and stay logged on we have to go through a mind-numbingly boring process of sitting at the pre character select screen and after the account log on screen hitting "change realm" over and over trying to connect. Does anyone know what the problem might be? ( only the cable modem lod players suffer this, dial up usere dont have a problem with this) If you know plz help and if this sint in the right category plz tell me. Thanks.
sounds like your cable company's firewall is having problems with some of the ports required to play D2. either that or you have a seriously bad cable connection. Either way you should be able to call up the company and have they check your line for packet loss and/or ask about how their firewall system works.
Well i never considered asking the company i figured that my computers connection was configured wrong but ill have to give it a shot today and call up. Thanks.
You may have some problems on your side. but if the only time you are having problems is when logging in to battle.net i would think that it is a problem with a port being blocked from a firewall. if you don't have a firewall on you computer then chances are it is on the companies side. it also might be a router if you have one set up in your house, but i've never heard of a router causing problems with D2
The problem could be your Local IP. The firewalll probably wont let to many on the same IP going to the same port.