D2C Hammerdin
Ok first of all I am writing this due to the te fatc that all the guides for equipment and strategy are all for LoD and I am playing D2C. No, I am not too poor to buy LoD. I own LoD I just hate the state of the economy and it is way easy unless I revert to crazy builds and such.

Moving right along My hammerdin is lvl 83 currently and climbing. All usual skill and stats.

Equipment is as follows

Tarn

Goldskin

Magefist

Belt 17FHR |+7Str|+47 Life|17% FR

Boots 20 RW |10 FHR|37 FR|34 CR|half freeze duration

Rings + Ammy all 10 FCR resists| some with + life life and mana as well

Shield +2 Paldin Skills | 22 Poison resist |20 chance to block |10 faster block rate

Weapon +2 Paly Skills| Other useless stats

75 Fire and Light Res

57 Cold Res

17 Poison Res

Obviously I need an ammy, when I find one. I have found 2 of every other Char type excpet no paladin ammy's at all...*shrugs*

Anything should loook into changing? Or am I on track or what is you r opinions. Really I am being really objective here.

BTW I am not wishing to waste anyone's time, if you feel I am doing that just leave now.

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.

Ciao
well there are a few normal setups a hammerdin will go with
1. 50% fcr or 75% fcr
2. all +skill items or 75% resist or more
3. pure mf setup

for caster items you can only use these items
pre lod scepter 20%fcr
1.10 scepter 10%fcr
20% fcr wands/staffs
pre lod shard 20% fcr
1.10 shard 50% fcr
20% magefist
10% rings
10% amulets
20% shield

i'd go with 50% fcr since to get 75% you'll lose the use of so many +skill items. you also cant hit 125% fcr in d2c

all your items look good. you seem to have 50% fcr but if you can find a shard you may want to give that a try. if you did that you could still have 50% fcr but then use any +2 amulet and 2 sojs.

when you are looking for new items but need to drop one that you have its always best to drop an item that only gives you +1 skills vs one that can give you more. the first 2 items i'd drop would be a tarn and silk since they both only give you +1 without much in the way of other stats. the items that can take their place could have many more mods that can help more. if you had sojs wouldnt it be smarter to drop 1 soj for a ring with 10% fcr vs a scepter thats +2 toall 10%fcr. its the same for a soj vs a tarn, you could drop a tarn and replace it with a 3 p gem helm (sapphires or skulls) you'll lose+1 skills but you'll gain way more mana then a soj can give you.

something to remember in d2c is there still seems to be a bug with might/fan + bh. they both show the right ED in the char screen but the hammers dont seem to do any more dmg then without an aura. so it would seem that only conc works with bh at listed dmg (for now) untill that is fixed you cant have the old 3 hammerdin parties of old (might+conc+fan)

oh also remember that for every 2 points you put into the auras (resist fire/coldghtning) you add +1 to your max resist (even when the aura isnt on) thats a great place to put points if you have problems lightning dmg attacks.
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
Hammerdins are a very nice build, I do doubt them being the strongest when there's blizz sorcs and Trap assy's about. But they are a great way to show your stuff agaist the many demons to come. My hammy is at clvl 87 and is doing well, here's some advice for items.

HOTO=Heart of the oaks.
+3 all skills and other viable thinga

Enigma= Jah ith Ber
+3 all skills
+1 mf per level
+lvl 1 teleport to any class
Hearald of the Zakarum
+2 all skills
+2 to Combat skills

»Frosties
»Tearhaunch
»String(belt)
»2 perfet nagels
»Gaze

This is just my build, I'm not saying thats how every pally should be... put the +skills no doubt really give me more Punch for my hammer dollar. Just giving sugestions. The Hoto is a nice item to go for though. Good luck man, and enjoy your hammerdin.
Note the subject line. There aren't any runewords or exceptional unique in D2C.
I built a LoD Hammerdin when 1.10 first came out and was lvl 92 within 3 weeks. I got very bored and gave away all my gear and let him expire.

BTW I had those you mentioned above and 2 soj's.

LoD is way to Ez IMHO so now I play d2C exclusively. It is very hard to lvl and takes a long time. I enjoy it more. Hey, to each there own I guess.

Ciao.