Single player weapon trade
Is it possible to transfer one characters weapons, etc. another within the same computer? We are not currently playing online, and besides two players can't use the same computer simultaneously. I have seen that you can actually buy weapons on the internet, but looking in the program folders, I don't see anything obviously weapon/character related...My wife keeps finding Druid specific items, and I often find things she wants, so I hope somebody can help me accomplish this. I am not trying to access weapons that are not currently in either of our inventories, so it's not really cheating(right?)
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....................Thanks in advance
Hi

I have walked in your shoes. The Bowazon finds nifty Druid Pelts. The Paladin finds a nice orb and the Necromancer finds the good spear.

There are a number of ways around this. The easiest is to have an accomplice who will host a game for you in TCP/IP mode. You enter the game with one character, drop off the trade item and leave. You return with the character who needs the item, pick up the trade item and drop off the other item. Then you return with the first character and pick up.

This requires no additional programs or alterations to your program. As Occhi would say - this means you no longer have a single-player character, you now have a multi-player character that plays solo. :P This is not cheating.

Or is the computer on which you play not attached to the net?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Are you on windows xp?
If you don't mind using 3rd party programs, there's also ATMA. It's a program specifically made for moving items from one character to another character on the same computer.
And here when I read “My wife and I want to swap” I got all excited ..... :(

Another option might be to use Open B-net. You can take single player characters to that realm. Just create a new game and hang out in it for 5 minutes or so until the game “burns in”. Then you can exit the game and rejoin with another character. The game will stay “open” on the server for a little bit even after all characters exit the game.

You then just drop all items on the ground that you want to switch.
ATMA is your best solution. I know dozens (hundreds?) of people who use it and none are dissatisfied. Once you start using it you'll wonder how you did without it.
I have not checked for a while, but my understanding of Open Bnet games is that if the host leaves, the game is over.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Self Vault
This will modify the graphics of D2 and allow you to run two instances of D2 at the same time.
Make a TCP game wth 1st, join that TCP game with the second; ATL+TAB between games.
*Note: open a program like IE while using to make the ALT+TAB between games easier on yourself.

If using WindowsXP, log in as one user, start D2; then log in as another user, and start D2.
Make TCP game with 1, join with 2nd.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
I will add my voice to choir praising ATMA.

ATMA is safe, quick, userfriendly and unlike some other proggies does not allow you to cheat. It even has some anti-dupe features built in.

And it is a completely seperate application that doesn't mess with Diablo2 itself in any way.
The non-cheating part is debatable. ATMA does tell you the ilvl of items, something that isn't visible in the game (you'd have to remember where you got it from). Also, ATMA will tell you the stats of unidentified items. Within the game, that's clearly forbidden knowledge.

Now, it can certainly be argued that, since it's for SP only, you aren't really cheating, since you aren't affecting anyone else. However, the same argument could be made for any character editor, mod, etc. While I'd agree that you're not cheating if you use any of these with SP-only characters, you can't really say you're playing pure D2X, either.