Some random thoughts on a Mmorp technical forum.
I say this as someone who likes MMORPs, so dont take the negative points as an attack on the genre.

1 Mmorp knowledge is mostly based on the repetative controled tests because if the code isnt hidden it will be exploited often.
This doesnt decrease the usefulness of technical sites though. It does however require that controls ans standards be used.

2 Mmorp players like to whine.

Its really important the the mods never let the whining start.
I think this is because players feel more invested in their toons and even identify with them somethimes.

3 Tecnical analysis leads to min-maxing which leads to grumpy roleplayers.
Its the classic fight in RPGs :) The role players can seem cranky, but they are gennerally mature and nice people.

4 Be strick about no "dewd speak". Younger players love details, but they will often act imature if you dont keep that standards(I really dont think anyyon at LL would let this get out of hand).

5 Be nice to new outsiders even if they dont fit in at first. I know a lot of great players at different sites, who are very reasonable and are great testers, but if they came it it would be a culture shock at first.

6 This game is going to be huge. If a WoW forum succeedshere it will succeed on a huge scale.