Getting stuck in whirl wind
I'm attempting to make a ww IK barb. The thing that is bugging me the most is the way that ww seems to act on my comp. If I attempt to change directions with the appropriate hot key depressed continuously I seem to get stuck for a short period of time in one place. I hear the wffftt sound and see my character spininng and the animation effect in one location. My cursor has moved to a new place but I don't move. When I become unstuck I don't teleport to a new location I move slowly in ww annimation to the new cursor point.

This is noted most often in the throne of destruction and is especially notable while being decrepified by baal. I move extremely slowly across the screen.... however ww speed seems to be unaffected.

Is this a bug or an unfortunate feature of my video card/connection with b.net? Just curious if anyone else experiences this?

Life
I get that too, just not only at Baal. I have done some rather simple testing, and it happens when I continually hold the right mouse button down (to start another ww right after the previous one ends), or when I hold shift-left mouse to do the same. It appears that if I do this, the twirly animation will occur after I've stopped from the first ww, but the actual spinning motion won't happen until after the twirly animation has stopped. Also, my character will stay in place during this, but the monsters were getting it as if I was actually doing the ww (my guess is some client display error). I tested this with poison and cold damage in a pack of monsters. It's almost like it does the sound (sword swinging through air it sounds like to me) all at once at the start of the ww with the twirling animation, and ends when the animation does, all the while the character is still, but still hitting the monsters as if he wasn't. Then the spinning begins, and the character spins to the point I told him to ww, which I guess is just syncing with the server, since I guess he's already technically there (because the monsters were alread hit by the ww, even though he never moved).
I've also asked a couple people that I've played with and they get pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, a long, winding, confusing first post for me, but I guess that's just the way things have to be sometimes.

Just a note here:
I run a 500 mhz, 32 mb vid card, 384 sdram, cable connection machine, and when playing on my friends 3 ghz, 128 mb vid card, 1 gig ddram, dsl connection machine, I get the same results on both.
Wow well both of those cards far outstrip what I've got installed. If you are getting it then I guess its a feature that I have to live with. It does happen in other areas just not as pronounced as in the throne area.

Oh well I guess on to more gaming.

Life