Whirlwind
Assuming that I have no worries about resist, blocking, or damage reduction;

Would there be a significant advantage to dual wielding weapons of the same exact type (i.e. 2 cruel berserker axes), rather than just using 1 along with a shield?

I'm talking damage wise vs. monsters - both single and large groups.

Thanks,
Crunchodile
You get in 50% more hits when dual wielding with Whirlwind.

/edit: I have no idea where I got this from... probably a public game. :unsure:
Does this mean that I get 50% more hits even when I'm whirlwinding a single monster such as Mephisto?

Crunchodile
Every 4 ticks the game will check whirlwind to see if it has 'earned' another attack set. If you are dual wielding then it will check one weapon for an attack and IF there is a second target in range it will then check the other weapon for attacking that target. To get the 2 hits per check will require that there be 2 targets available to apply the hits against.

This is a very simplified rundown of the whirlwind attack skill. Do a search on this forum for a more indepth thread that discusses the breakpoints and other factors (from the last year sometime).

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...34&hl=whirlwind
Just to clarify...
so PvP, dual claws would do any more damage than a claw/shield set?

-Crunchodile
If you're fighting a single opponent, a second claw wouldn't increase your killing power, except if the second claw has +stats, +skills, etc. on it.
Obi2Kenobi,Mar 21 2004, 09:47 AM Wrote:You get in 50% more hits when dual wielding with Whirlwind.
As Ruvanal said, as long as there are two targets in range you get 100% more hits when dual wielding.

What I'd like to know is, what if you have a range 1 weapon and a range 3 weapon and there is one monster at range 1 away and one monster at range 3 away. Will WW choose to intelligently pick the targets so you always get 2 attacks or is it random?
mattis,Mar 22 2004, 07:47 PM Wrote:What I'd like to know is, what if you have a range 1 weapon and a range 3 weapon and there is one monster at range 1 away and one monster at range 3 away.  Will WW choose to intelligently pick the targets so you always get 2 attacks or is it random?
Check the page 4 of the link I provided above, you may not really like the answer.
I know, I'm extremely repetitive.. but.. could someone pinpoint 2 issues with a yes/no?

1) If I dual-wielded when whirlwinding, would I get leech off each hit (2 times more leech than if I had 1 weapon)?

and

2) If I'm (dual wielding whirlwind) fighting a single monster, and I miss with my first weapon hit - would the second weapon have a chance to hit or no?

Thanks,
Crunchodile
1) You're leech for each hit is the amount of leech on the weapon doing plus all non-weapon leech.

2) No. It would have a chance to hit on the next frame that it hits.