Getting stuck in hut "tents"
First of all, my current prefered character is this little Gnome rogue called Zporl, just in case anyone want to find me (Or look for Astrakan :) ).

Anyway, anyone else constantly getting stuck onside those small huts without being able to walk out the doors? IF you fight monsters inside them, the monsters may end up slain outside (or even walk through the walls at times). Once I managed to jum through a side wall (it was inside a dungeon), only way I have managed to escape so far from inside them.

(Just wanted to kick of some postings about the actual playing).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Have you tried the /stuck command to get out?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Ehh, I have used the "call GM" picked the "stuck" option, gone away from computer and a few minutes later when the timer is up I died :)

Got suck under water once too by the way.

And founf a way to "teleport" a long distance". When up in Dun Morog, follw the road northeast, when at the top, find a small ravine north, you will be able to climb the mountains ALL the way up and getting to the great sea or something. Slide down and die (I died), When you resurect, you are in Westfall :) NOt bad, cost a bit to fly back home though, but I was conveniently resurrected close to the new fly route.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
you can jump? how? is it a skill or can anyone do it?
Signatures suck
Press space. Anyone can jump.
oh thats cool. most mmos I've played never let you jump. just kinda took me by supprise :)
Signatures suck
It is not big jumps, but still, and one can fall decently high withouth problem (and damage is not that high when you take some). I usually just jump out of everything and usually I land fine :)

Even made one big dive down the water at the big human town (me and names....)
I would commit murder to be stuck in one of those tents just about now. :( Ah well. At least I can read this thread with interest. I hope others will follow Jarulf's lead.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Mar 21 2004, 03:44 PM Wrote:I hope others will follow Jarulf's lead.
Well, I think part of the problem is that -- with the exception of Bolty, tal125, and Zoid -- there's no one else here who can follow Jarulf's lead. Maybe we'll get a more lively discussion when bschultz joins in for phase 2. ;)

But, just to contribute somthing more substantive to this thread, I did get stuck in every possible kind of wall when I played in the Daggerfal beta. I hope they fix that for the release. Oh wait, I guess that was the release version.
Jarulf,Mar 21 2004, 08:42 PM Wrote:Ehh, I have used the "call GM" picked the "stuck" option, gone away from computer and a few minutes later when the timer is up I died :)
Hi

Sir Jarulf, after your first day in WoW could/would you say the game is ready for release June 14 2004... "when the timer is up you died," what is this Timer thingy ??? :unsure:

In Asheron's Call 1 we can Jump off a Mountain too and Die, but mostly we just take a small HP hit...beats taking a Long run down the mountain :P

I played the...>Anarchy Online - multiplayer game (MMORPG) "7 Day Trial" [you DL the full game, size- 650Mb]
& I got stuck in a Corner behind a Sign, I had to petition a GM to get me out, Fun game ! :lol:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Ready for release? No idea, I have seen so little of the game, basically just the starting areas for example. The agem engine in itself seems running relatively well. I have hardly seen much glitches or errors. Got a few error messages on completeing some quests (instead of the typical “XXX exp” message), my client have crashed once and once I lost connection (don’t think it was the server down though since I was able to connect immediately.

However, some parts are definitely not finnished (or just removed). In the big human town (Storm....whatever), remarkedly many of the houses are shut or simply empty. Ran across a merchant with no goods and the name had “need sales list” or something like that. When I ride the gryphons, the map is not good in the areas I travell between. And even in the dwarf map, the mini map is completely wrong. I could go on. It is nothing major, and the game runs all right, the quest system works, and all such things, but lots of small things to finnish and polish off, even in the areas I play in. Personally, I would say “no way” for a june release, but it is so hard to say when you don’t see the full game.

As for the timer, I guess it is a “call the GM” thing or something. If I do anything it will be interupted and I can play again. I suppose it is so that one can get away from the “stuck” part sort of. Basicaly allows me to kill myself if I can’t get other help. To resurect myself (one will be a ghost when one die starting at a resurection stone somewhere on the map), I can either do it at the healer at a los in experience (not that much), or run back closish to the corpse and then press for resurection so to speak. I will then be back to life but with low health. Have not tried the /stuck command Bolty mentioned.
Jarulf,Mar 21 2004, 04:42 PM Wrote:And founf a way to "teleport" a long distance". When up in Dun Morog, follw the road northeast, when at the top, find a small ravine north, you will be able to climb the mountains ALL the way up and getting to the great sea or something. Slide down and die (I died), When you resurect, you are in Westfall :)
Be sure to report this one - it's one of the more "obscure" thingies that may not be commonly reported.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Mar 22 2004, 11:38 PM Wrote:Be sure to report this one - it's one of the more "obscure" thingies that may not be commonly reported.

-Bolty
I did it almost immediately :)