Two newby questions
Hi,

Is there any way of blocking the "______ creats _______" messages? And along the same line, is there any way of blocking the NPC's chatter? It loses some of its cutiness after about the brazillionth repetition.

Thanks.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,

Is there any way of blocking the "______ creats _______" messages? And along the same line, is there any way of blocking the NPC's chatter? It loses some of its cutiness after about the brazillionth repetition.

Thanks.

--Pete

There are several options by right clicking the chat window options. What I did was make multiple chat window tabs with different options (one is guild & officer only, one is raid and party and BG only, etc...) Being a dual monitor person I broke out several of these on my second monitor, but it also works to just have multiple tabs in one chat window similar to how it has the general chat and combat log on different tabs.

NPC chatter, I'm not so sure of. You're talking about the written stuff? Or the audio when you open a dialog box?
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Hi,

Thanks.

--Pete

For the 'creats' messages, this can be turned off by right clicking the chat tab it is in and going to 'settings'. In that control panel it is under the other category and is the checked 'Tradeskills' option.

For the NPC chatter is is similar for that chat pane but is the 'chat' category and is the various checked items under creature messages. But I will warn you that turning those off to shut the towns people will also turn those messages off in the outside game world too. At low levels this is not a great loss of information but as you go up in levels, that say chat (and other checked options) is what is used more often for the npcs to directly communicate critical quest information to the player. This being turned off is what had caused Magi a lot problems doing many quests in TBC. So splitting this off into a new chat tab that does not always need to be on top and seen, may be better option in the long run.

Ruvanal
Hi,

Quote:Being a dual monitor person I broke out several of these on my second monitor,
I'll give this a try when I get my other system up and running. Right now, I'm using a laptop and screen real estate is pretty limited.

Quote:NPC chatter, I'm not so sure of. You're talking about the written stuff? Or the audio when you open a dialog box?
Talking about the written chatter of the town NPCs. The stuff that gives 'life' to the town but becomes annoying and keeps scrolling more useful/intestine stuff out of the chat windows. I'll put up with it if getting rid of it means I lose the useful info from non-town NPCs.

Quote:For the 'creats' messages, this can be turned off by right clicking the chat tab it is in and going to 'settings'. In that control panel it is under the other category and is the checked 'Tradeskills' option.
Thanks, done. I'll probably eventually stick it in one of the other chat windows I have.

Quote:For the NPC chatter is is similar for that chat pane but is the 'chat' category and is the various checked items under creature messages. But I will warn you that turning those off to shut the towns people will also turn those messages off in the outside game world too. At low levels this is not a great loss of information but as you go up in levels, that say chat (and other checked options) is what is used more often for the npcs to directly communicate critical quest information to the player. This being turned off is what had caused Magi a lot problems doing many quests in TBC. So splitting this off into a new chat tab that does not always need to be on top and seen, may be better option in the long run.
That's what I thought. Guess I'll have to put up with the repetitive non-sense to keep the useful info.

Thanks guys.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Right now, I'm using a laptop and screen real estate is pretty limited.

As a stopgap, you can add the windows to the main chat as tabs, and swap between them as necessary.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!