Interaction between Berserk and crushing blow
My primary character is a hardcore Freez-A-Lot and, obviously, the most dangerous part of the game for him is anywhere Iron Maiden is cast. One possible counter that I've seen mentioned is a Passion runeword with its +1 Berserk.

Is Berserk's conversion to magic damage done after everything else? Or is the crushing blow damage a separate amount of physical damage that would be affected by Iron Maiden? Or is it all handled some other way?

Thanks for any help, as it would probably be a good idea for me to find the answer before I start swinging my (future) Passion weapon while wearing my Gore Riders. ;)
Crushing blow isn't really damage. It's a loss of life. So it doesn't trigger IM. Berserk does convert all physical damage to magic, so if you berserk, you'll be immune to IM (regardless of CB).
Thanks for the fast response. Now I just need to go out and find myself a Lem so I won't be swearing as much in Act IV. :)
Quote: Crushing blow isn't really damage. It's a loss of life. So it doesn't trigger IM.

But to really confuse you, CB is affected by Physical Resistance. ;)
But to really really confuse you, it's only affected by positive physical resistance; negative physical resistance won't increase CB damage ;).
But to really really really confuse you, it's reduced by 1/2 when applied with a ranged attack or on a boss monster. ;)

Tommi's Crushing Blow page

/edit: *waits for really really really really confuse...*
LOL

Thanks everyone.

And thanks Obi2Kenobi for the link. I think I had bookmarked it in the past but it (the bookmark) had disappeared at some point during my various browser changes/upgrades.