Horde Guild
The Horde guild "Lounging Lurkers" has been created. My character, "TheBolt", pennied up the cash (10 silver) and purchased a guild charter. I need signatures for the guild to be created.

Please get in touch with me so that you can sign the petition and we can return to the lovely guildchat that I personally miss!

If someone is playing Alliance, let's double-check that we can't have Alliance members in a Horde guild. If not, and you want to start up an Alliance guild, just call it the opposite name ("Lurking Loungers"), or see if you can have a guild with the same name in both factions and call it "Lounging Lurkers." That would be best, if it's allowed.

Thanks!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
In the meantime, remember to join our semi-official Lurkers chat channel -- "Lurkers". Do this by entering in "/join Lurkers" in game. To send a message to the channel, type "/1 <your message here>" and to see a list of who's in the channel, type "/chatlist 1".

This way, we can talk to each other and see who's on even before the guild(s) get up and running. Also, this might be the only way that both Horde and Alliance characters can communicate through a group chat function, so we might consider making this channel a permanent institution.
Due to a known bug/issue, the guild charter that I purchased Thursday night was deleted from my inventory overnight.

I'll try again on Saturday, it's more likely that people will be around to sign it :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
As you can read here, guild charters are currently buggy. Teleporting, logging off, or even (sometimes) closing your inventory can make guild charters disappear. So the current conundrum is that to get a guild started, we'd need 10 players on (including me) at the same time, meet at the same point, have me buy a charter, get it immediately signed by everyone, and turn it in.

Once the guild charter is turned in, the guild becomes permanent and we won't have to worry about bugs.

I believe that while there are more than 10 lurkers in the beta, we're never all on at once, so this will likely be an impossibility. The Lurkers channel is still a great way to keep in touch, although it lacks some of the nice features being in a guild has (like the ability to see at a glance who is on, what level they are, what race/class they are, and where they are).

-Bolty
I'd like to sign up. Perhaps we can make a time when at least ten people can get on to sign with you?
Quote:The Lurkers channel is still a great way to keep in touch, although it lacks some of the nice features being in a guild has (like the ability to see at a glance who is on, what level they are, what race/class they are, and where they are)

I have been trying to go through and manually enter the various lurkers that I see passing through onto my friends list. Not quite as easy as if the guild was in place, but it can help some since you will be able to track some by the level and area they are in.
If anyone is on and able to get to Ogremmar (sp?) in the near future, we have an almost complete petition.

Just start a new orc or troll, and head northish on the road until you get into the city. Turn left, and head to the emabssy. If you need directions, /join lurkers.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Finally, it is done! "Lurking Loungers" has been created for the Horde. Whisper some players to see if they can invite you - there are quite a few Officers now. Apparently "Lurking Loungers" was kept around for the Alliance side, so we had to try this all twice.

It was a major PITA due to the bugs, but we got it going.

-Bolty
Hi,

When the server went down, I thought for sure you were out 10g. Magi and I were kidding that they were out to get you and when all else failed, they bought the world down :)

BTW, I'm a bit confused, "Lurking Loungers" is now a Horde guild? And there's no Alliance guild?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

We got the guild created with about 10 minutes to spare before the realm was taken down.

Lurking Loungers is the Horde guild.
Lounging Lurkers is the Alliance guild.

Our Alliance guild is thus still up - BUT none of the characters who were in it are accessible. So that's a mixed bag. :)

All in all it took me 40 silver (4 guild charters) and a number of hours to get it started. Ariadne helped me out by contributing 10 silver.

-Bolty
Quote:We got the guild created with about 10 minutes to spare before the realm was taken down.

Was any reason given why the realm was taken down? I logged off for what I thought would be only for a few minutes, made a phone call, made some food, came back and now the realm has been down for several minutes.