Hitting the Video
Hey everyone!

Yes, I made it back out into the realm. But, as you can all guess, I'm going to go right back to my train of though on video and video frame rates...I started a Tauren named "SaxyMoo" and started running around. Now, granted, since I just got out there last night, I have a lot yet to see. But here's what I found, in my brief time.

I first noticed that the when you start out in the realm, the video options are mostly turned down. I remember that I had everything turned down to the minimums, to save my poor video card from being overworked. The only thing that was turned all the way up was the "Sharpness." And my starting viewpoint was from about a 25°-30° angle.

Turning everything down, even the Sharpness, actually didn't do that much for me, just changing the angle at which I play still had the most significant difference.

While running around, however, I did notice something, which I thought was rather interesting... When I was looking down, at my usual angle (40°-50°), and I was close to my character, my frame rate was less than when I was far away from the character. This purplexes me, since logically, being close up technically has fewer polys, and thus would keep the video card from working so hard, not to mention that it needs to keep track of fewer textures as well. But in actuality, it's a case of when I'm looking down like from a rooftop that my frame rate is better. And it's not just when I'm looking down from the 40°-50° angle that I mentioned earlier. I can have it below 30°, to where I'm seeing the horizon, and even a bit of the sky that I still have a decent frame rate. It's only when I get to about a 20° viewpoint where it would really start slowing down, whether there is empty sky or mountains in the distance.

Of course, this is just a preliminary finding, since I only had about 30-45 minutes last night to fool around, and I haven't traveled to other places yet. What have the rest of you found/seen/experienced? Anyone hit large cities where things are exibiting strange frame rate behaviors?

SaxyCorp
Have you tried looking at the Readme file located in your World of Warcraft\ReadMe folder? It has some tips on console commands that can affect your framerate.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.