Perfect
Hi, ok this has probably been a topic before, but i couldn't find one. So here is my question.

What is the best setup for rogue and what stats base should i have then around?

I know there are lots. On my rogue i like atleast over 300 dex currently. Here are my stats

Str:99

Mag:114

Dex:318

Vit:124

They are my stats currently with 231 lefe and 224 mana.

If you need my equipment list just ask. So will you great people out there be able to help.
Diablo One Forever. Diablo Two is the Darkside

xXERISEDXx
Ooooh, character evaluation, that really takes me back.

Quote:If you need my equipment list just ask.

Please do, no evaluation can be complete without equipment suggestions (since, after all, once you've maxed your stats it's the same for all characters ;) ). Also, what level? And important spells (which ones you know and at what level).
Ok. As you wish.

Level: 31

Helm: RC-You know what it does
Amulet: Obs/Precision +38%/+17 dex
Armour: Awesome Plate AC=74/+150%
Weapon: Massive/Heavens +108%/14 to all
Ring 1: Obs/Perfection +33%/27 to dex
Ring 2: Jade/Zod +23%/+20 all

I have nio spell that are really good and I need to raise them a bit.

Chain Lighting: Level 4
Teleport: Level 8
Stone Curse: Level 5

xXERISEDXx
Looks good, just a few suggestions.

First off, +dex only jewelry. Rogues benefit much more from +all rings and amulets than plain +dex ones; you already hit everything and, when using the bow, you'll be hitting foes at a distance, so the extra oomph from the damage bonus can be discarded for a much more useful extra push to mana or life.

With that Zodiac and one obsidian jewel, all you need in the other jewelry slot is a mere jade one to reach maximum resistances. A Jade/stars amulet will be more useful than your current amulet for example. Hell, even a jade/any +life or +mana would be more desirable.

Talking of mana, it seems like your mana pool is low. Do you use Mana Shield? If you do, you should start looking for jewels that will raise your mana. If not, maybe you should start thinking about either using it (due to its damage reduction) or kicking up your life more. You'll also find that Rogues are very nice mini-mages, if you raise your mana at the expense of some dexterity and use spells often, you'll see the payoff is very good.

I can think of a few ways to do this. If you were to change bows and get one with resistances (emeral bows can be bought at rip-off-markt, a.k.a. Wirt) then you'll have much more flexibility with the rings and the amulet. The damage difference will make less difference as you grow in levels, and as I said that extra mana will be great.

The plate is very nice indeed, the only thing is that, if you're an archer, you could probably use one with less defense and an extra modifier, such as +life (of the tigeron) or +magic (of sorcery if possible).

Last, if I were you, with that setup I'd look for a shield with fast block and a haste sword or a Civerb's Cudgel, with that high defense armour and fast blocking you'll be able to manage hell levels with lots of melee monsters very nicely, and keeping the bow for the levels with mages and witches and so on. Depends a bit on your playing style.

So, long story short:

-Look for +all jewelry to replace those +dex ones. Or even +mana instead of +all and use more magic.
- Consider using a +resist all (obsidian or emerald) bow to free up jewelry slots for needed mana and/or life. If possible, make it also be +all like the one you have now. If you go the +mana route, you could probably use Mana Shield and benefit from it.
- If you're predominantly archer, consider an armour with some sort of suffix, even if that means having less defense.
- More spells. Chain Lightning and Fireball should be high (chain lightning not so much because of gaping at high levels, but that's another story; level 4 is definitely too low). Firewall is also good to have high and to use. Get Teleport! Use spells extensively, the Rogue is a good mini-mage.
- Consider getting a fastblock shield and a haste weapon. Rogues do extremely well in melee levels due to their 100% block. With that armour of yours you'll cruise through pure melee levels with a Sword/Shield combo without breaking a sweat.

I've probably forgotten things, I'm getting old and all, but I'm sure other Lurkers will have a word if I do ^_^

Rogues are very flexible, so there is no clear cut "best equipment" answer, it depends a bit on playing style ;)
Thanks for you advice I just found a Emerald bow the other day.

If anyone else wants a say in it be free to do so. I will look forward to it.

xXERISEDXx

xXERISEDXx
You can replace the <+dmg% prefix> sword of haste/speed with a Civerb's Cudgel. My rogue used it exclusively on melee levels and they were a breeze. The fast block shield is still a must though (Stormshield or Holy Defender are nice choices, obviously).

Also, regarding mana use. While Mana Shield seems nice and is in fact sometimes a life saver, I got more out of casting healing when life got low. YMMV.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hi, Erised:

One could argue this next statement, but IMO, perfection in a Rogue includes high level spells. Depending on your play style of course, high level spells can really speed the process of leveling later in the life of a Rogue.

Looking at your spell levels (slvl), I would suggest that you take this young lady on some shrine runs. Search for Enchanted Shrines to up her spell levels, and while you're at it, you can hit Hidden Shrines to improve dur on her gear, if you care about that.

The Enchanted Shrine, as I'm sure you know, will increase all your spells - but one - by one slvl, but it will also decrease one of your spells by 1 slvl. I tried quickly to find a link for shrine run tips but came up blank, so ... in case you're not familiar with the process ...

Load up on Mana, because you will be teleporting like crazy and casting Chain Lightning. I like to do mine with a fast block shield and a Dreamflange, but any gear will do.

Start a game in Normal Difficulty.

Hotkey your CL and Teleport spells (You've probably already done that.)

Teleport though each dungeon level of Church and Cats searching for Enchanted Shrines. Just keep moving, looking in each room on each level for the shrine(s) you need. Hop into a room, cast CL to kill foes. Look. Leave for the next room. Not even necessary to cast CL that often, if you just keep going.

Once you find the shrine you seek, cast CL to clear the room and use it at your leisure.

A few hours of shrine running can really make a big difference in your slvls over all, if your luck holds.

Just a reminder too that - again argueably - the "ideal" slvls for Chain Lightning and Stone Curse are slvl 8. IIRC, "ideal" is the overall effect of the spell vs. the mana cost to cast it. Plus with CL there's the gapping factor, which seems to grow along with the slvl above 8.

Good luck with this girls and happy hunting. Archers rock!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi,

By all means do shrine runs. Even I who play a rogue as a non-Mana Shield pure archer want a good level of Stone Curse.

However, if the thought of totally un-challenging, zero experience point normal runs sounds as much fun as a day at the dentist, try doing the search for shrines in Hell difficulty. The advantages? Well, for one you get experience. As a matter of fact, Hell-Church is the ideal place for a level 31 character to get experience according to the Experience Point Table. For another, you get a lot more loot in Hell, which translates to more shopping at Grizmart and Wirthless. And, if it matters, the fact that Hell level mobs could do a bit of damage reduces the tedium factor (at least for me).

As a matter of fact, looking at the Experience Point Table, it's almost as if Buzzard intended a character in his/her thirties to do those runs (as if they ever understood their game that well) :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi.

Ok I have to ask this now do you lot still play diablo if you do where?
I really want to play with some of you because you sound like really cool and I mean really cool people.

I don't have many legits I can trust anymore out of like all I know there is 2 i can trust and one of thwm who i thought was a great mate went to the DARKSIDE(hacking).

So is anyone out there who plays still. Also if you do play I just started a warrior as well maybe we can lvl together.

-xXERISEDXx-

xXERISEDXx
I play offline ever since Blizzard released v1.08. With that patch they screwed up the movement system. Once 1.09 came out it was better, but they then allowed Diablo users only in public channels. I haven't been online since (2.5+ years now) and can't honestly tell you where if anyone plays Diablo from here. Maybe someone else who knows more can fill you in (or maybe in one of the stickied threads at the top of the page =P ).
Hi

Well I have kind of good news. MY BROADBAND MODEM CAME. I'm so happy I will hopefully get a better connection and beable to play D2 with hopefully any of you. :D

-xXERISEDXx-

xXERISEDXx
Hi,

Haven't played Diablo for a while now. And when I do, I usually play a solo immortal (still trying after all these years :) )

I do crank classic Diablo up every now and again, and still find it to be a great game. Not so much D2 -- while 1.10 was probably a great thing, the need to relearn a game that didn't really have that much going for it in the first place just turned me off.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?