The Priest
I was commenting last night that in Phase 1, Mages were perhaps 1 of every 10 characters on the server. They were most unpopular.

The new Mage in Phase 2 is clearly the Priest. As Mongo pointed out, everyone wants one in their party, but nobody wants to BE one. Mongo, what are the soloing capabilities of a Priest? Is it that bad, or does it have an unfair "rep" as a "healer-only" class?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 28 2004, 09:17 PM Wrote:The new Mage in Phase 2 is clearly the Priest.  As Mongo pointed out, everyone wants one in their party, but nobody wants to BE one.  Mongo, what are the soloing capabilities of a Priest?  Is it that bad, or does it have an unfair "rep" as a "healer-only" class?
I've been planning out in my head a formal report on the Priest. Priests become really fun in the 20's. The short answer to your question is that priests are quite capable of soloing as well as just about any class, but it probably takes more finesse than most people are cabable of or willing to use. Actually, what drives me crazy is that people in parties think that a priest is too darm weak to do anything and get overly protective -- often to the detriment of the party. A priest is capable of far more than just healing and shielding. In fact, I think a good case can be made that they make equally good pullers as mages and in many dungeons make better pullers. I think a lot of the misunderstanding of priests, though, comes from people who don't know about the 20's level spells, about the new spells that were added in this push, or frankly just how to play the class at all. But all of that ought to be detailed in a coherent comprehensive report.