Help
Hi,

Got myself killed, again. No big problem. Sent my ghost back into the mountains where I died (prospecting). Before my ghost got into resurrection range, got stuck in a pocket between two rocks and capped by a tree. I've got no way to resurrect myself, can't use the hearthstone while I'm dead, and can't get out of the pocket.

Any suggestions (besides the one I'm about to make to Blizz)?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

My advice would be to try to walk up one of those jams between two rocks or a rock and a tree, which kinda look like this: \/ . Once you reach a point where you can't move forward, in these splits you can jump up and a little forward, and keep doing these little jumps until you can get out of the hole.
Hi,

Thanks. Tried that but didn't even get a jump animation for my ghost :(

--Pete

Hi,

Clicked on the page GM button. One of the choices under that was "stuck" and it got my ghost back to its "starting" point.

I think that getting stuck is very much a reasonable part of the game for your character, but *not* for a ghost.

--Pete

Did you use /bug at that location?

Blizzard does not like inescapable positions on the map, and will try to stamp it out if you tell them about it. My favorite pasttime is to try to find places where Blizzard did not account for Blink, allowing me to use the teleport-like spell to zip to illegal areas. At the very top of Windshear Crag, where the entrance to the waterwheel is, there's a tip of hill that is Blinkable. A Mage can Blink up there and access a completely illegal area. I've found a few other spots as well, but that one was the most blatant.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi,

If you report a "stuck" it automatically sends that location as a /bug, or at least so it said.

One of my favorite pastimes is "mountain climbing". Seeing how far up I can get and if I can find unofficial "passes" between areas. I've been able to get over some impressive ranges :)

I'd gotten my character stuck many a time, and just used the hearthstone to get him out -- figured that getting stuck in impassible terrain is just part of the "world". So thanks for the tip, I'll report them in the future. Although I feel bad about taking out yet another risk in this risk free game :)

--Pete