How much damage will I do?
So confused...

If I max Fire Mast, Fireball, and Meteor, how much damage will I do? I'm not sure which to add first, the meteor or the fire mastery. I got confused, and my calculator said I would deal 14,000 damage. :-\

Do I add the 15% damage from meteor to fireball first, then add the 160% to the total (from fire mastery) or what?
Add synergy bonuses (from base skill level or charged item skill level), then mastery + %fire damage bonus. Fire spells do a lot of damage..
A fireball with 20 points in meteor, 1 pre-req point in fire bolt and 20 points in fire mastery, with no equipment bonuses, would have 2067-2347 damage.

Synergies and masteries are multiplicative. So you'll have 199-226 base damage, multiplied by 3.94 (21 synergy points at 14% each give +294%), multiplied by 2.63 (20 points in fire mastery give +163%).

(It doesn't match up completely with the 2067-2347 I gave due to rounding issues).
Ok, I did the math... does 2,500 damage sound reasonable? Here's what I did...

{240 + 20(.14*240) + 1.6(240)}

I added some more damage because I plan on putting points in firebolt, not maxing though.
Your calculations are wrong.

If we assume you have 240 base damage, and if we assume you have 20 points in synergy, and if we assume you have a +160% bonus from fire mastery, the damage calculation would be:

240 * (1 + 20 * .14) * (1 + 1.6)

This gives 2371 damage. Your wrong calculation would give 1296.

If you put points in fire bolt, you'd have to increase the 20 to however much synergy you really have. You'd also have to change the base damage and fire mastery bonus to however much you really have. Assuming that you'll have no +skills gear at all renders the calculation meaningless. Note that +skills doesn't boost the synergy.
Is this an elligible (sic?) amount of damage?
Eligible for what? It all depends on how easily you want to kill things in Hell difficulty.

In that case, 2k damage is enough for 1 player games, but will take a while on 8 players against highly resistant creatures. You'll have +skills though, so your damage will be significantly higher (maybe 4k with that skill setup).
Again, this is an MF sorc, on Battle.net. That means if I'm in an 8 player game, I'm leveling with people, but once I hit 75 or so I'll be doing mostly meph, players 1.
Quote:Again, this is an MF sorc, on Battle.net.
Again? Not in this thread.

If this is a sorc for MF, you want to be killing meph as quickly as possible. So the more fireball power, the better. I wouldn't want to be running meph with less than an 8k fireball. You will also be more useful in parties with a higher power FB or meteor.
with max fireball,meteor and mastery
incl synergy
you do
Fireball: about 2K
Meteor: about 5K

when u max firebolt too
Firebolt: 1K
Fireball: 4K
Meteor: 7K

with +5 skills: This can be easily reached, TopazShako, Skullders, occulus, still lots of MF
And ive got a lucky rare amulet: 1 all skills, 27 life, 40 cold res, 33% MF :D:D
Firebolt: 2K
Fireball: 6K
meteor: 12K
Here's who much damage I'm doing at the moment (fire mastery isn't maxed)

Fireball: 5k
Meteor: 11k
Why using the brain if you could get *correct* results this easily? :D
Diablo2.de Skillcalc