A new raid...
Hey guys, you asked me to let you know if, and when we decide to raid again. I had the idea of going for stormwind again. We'll push our way into SW again, but this time, we'll do it faster, because we'll have more people. Make sure you buy an extra stick of ram before coming =) The time for this, will be the same as last friday's. 7pm PST, meet in crossroads. We're gonna post more details on our website "thebigguild.org". I have an idea, that may allow us to get into the kings chamber with ease...So before I announce it, I'll want to try it out first. If not, we can do what we did before, and go for the kings chamber anyways =)

This time, we'll be 3 guilds - The Horde, TrueForsaken, and if you guys would like, Lurkers guild...

EDIT - TrueForsaken became ForsakenSlayers
Thanks, Tri-X. I'll be there. Anyone else coming? You don't need to be high-level to join in on the fun...just come. I guarantee it'll be more interesting than trying to "restore balance to nature" with Serga at the Crossroads. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,May 17 2004, 12:31 PM Wrote:I guarantee it'll be more interesting than trying to "restore balance to nature" with Serga at the Crossroads.  :)

-Bolty
Amen brother. I'll endeavor to be there with my paltry lvl 20 mage. :)
Yea, I said 7pm PST, right now the time of raid might be changed. I'll know tonight for sure when it'll be. Check www.thebigguild.org where I'll announce all the details of raid, with time included. But it'll for sure be friday night, hopefully most will be able to make it.

EDIT 7pm it is...
Heya, TRi-x! I tried reading your forums to get more information on the upcoming raid, but I'm guessing that most of the discussion is taking place in the protected forums. Anyway, I had this idea for killing the level 90 guards that you might want to pass along. It was discovered in the last raid that the guards didn't seem to resist area-of-effect attacks. This made such attacks far more effective against the guards than regular directed spells and attacks which were resisted constantly. Unfortunately, not all classes have an effective area-of-effect attack, so this got me to thinking: What if all of the engineers in the raid community spent the next couple of days mining and creating bombs and dynamite to distribute to as many people as possible participating in the raid? That would give everyone a powerful area-of-effect attack that wouldn't be resisted by the guards and will hit multiple guards if we're fighting multiple guards again. Plus, even relatively baby characters could participate and contribute (subject to the level requirements on the bombs and dynamite). What do you think?
Obviously you have not tried engineering yet. Many of the engineering items like the bombs and dynamite require a certain ability level of the engineering trade skill to use, no use in trading some of those items to other since they will not be able to use them. Sort of like giving bandages to someone that does not have the First Aid skill. Still it can be very effective if you have ever seen what the blast radius is on some those explosives.
Huh, I have actually. Some engineering items do require one to have the engineering skill to use them, but I believe some (all?) of the bombs/dynomite items can be used by everyone. I'll check further on this when I get home.

Edit: That's so wierd. I swear I remember seeing some bombs and/or dynamite that didn't require engineering to use. I even made a mental note about it. But, as I look through the list of possible contraptions, all of the bombs and explosives require some sort of engineering ability just as you said. Oh, well. I'll just make the biggest bombs I can and hurl them myself. :D
MongoJerry,May 20 2004, 03:14 AM Wrote:Huh, I have actually.  Some engineering items do require one to have the engineering skill to use them, but I believe some (all?) of the bombs/dynomite items can be used by everyone.  I'll check further on this when I get home.

Edit:  That's so wierd.  I swear I remember seeing some bombs and/or dynamite that didn't require engineering to use.  I even made a mental note about it.  But, as I look through the list of possible contraptions, all of the bombs and explosives require some sort of engineering ability just as you said.  Oh, well.  I'll just make the biggest bombs I can and hurl them myself. :D
EZ-Throw dynomite requires no engineering to use.
Do consider that apprentice engineering will give ready access to the use of dynamite and that with little work on the skill the user could easily get point of making and using the small copper bombs. For a 5 skill point (iirc) investment this level of use could be obtained by weekend with little effort. It is just a mater that those participating would need to start making the effort now, not wait until the weekend to start on this. The biggest restriction would probably be the aquistion of the raw materials.
I'll be there as well. See you at 7pm Pacific time... (film at 11)

SaxyCorp
haha you guys lagged the server until it crashed :P horde scum :D
Signatures suck
And we'll do it again! ;-P
Thanks for the invite, bolty. I had a good time, even if my poor video card still hates me!
Hey guys, you're right, we didn't discuss the raid details on public forums, but we did announce all the details on our main page. Overall, the raid was great. We're of course planning another event that should be even cooler. Not another stormwind raid.

As for last night, if you were around on the first raid, you know we made 10min or so stops in each and every town, so everyone could regroup, or come back a crash. .Some people decided to leave ahead without waiting for those that had crashed (including me - I was hosting a wowcam) and that caused a lot of confusion. Then the GM's chased us away by spawning 20 lvl 90 guards, etc...Well, next event will be even better, and we will announce it private at first. If we have enough people to do this privately, we will not invite anyone else. Lurker Lounge people, will be the first ones to find out of course.

By the way, the AoE spells, and dmg on lvl 90 guards, we had noticed that from last raid. The best way to kill city guards is with thorns, and AoE.
Quote:By the way, the AoE spells, and dmg on lvl 90 guards, we had noticed that from last raid. The best way to kill city guards is with thorns, and AoE.

May I suggest that the engineers in the group start stocking up on EZ Thro Dynamite to hand out? I finally got a hold of the plans, and as mentioned above, EZ Thro Dynamite is the one throwable AoE bomb that doesn't require an engineering skill to actually use. Plus, the ingredients are readily found -- coarse blasting powder (made from coarse stones) and wool cloth. This way, even low level characters can damage the guards.