You want a war? I got your war right here...
Hail,

Here's an idea for all of you to ponder..... Staged Battles..... People (easiest to get Horde vs Alliance) gathered in a big blank open area (ambients are okay), and you have to fight anyone from the other faction, regardless of your health levell. No sitting down and eating/drinking, just going with your own regeneration stats. And once you're killed, you can come back to the area of the battle, but you can't resurrect until the battle is over. (We want to see what side wins).

However, you know that it would eventually boil down to the high level characters being the ones to finish it off. I do think, however, that it would be interesting if you have a bunch of the lower levels going around and taking out the high levels. That's where the whole "Warcraft" of olde (war strategy) can come into play. Would also take a lot of communication, if you wanted to coordinate attacks.

The only problem with this that I can think of, and I don't know if anyone else has any thoughts about this, but you would have to challenge someone to a duel, fight 1 on 1, until either the battle ended or you were killed. I think that a special Battlefield area were created, where you were immediately grouped (mass party) with your faction of characters, and when the battle is going on, you can just automaticly attack any member of the other faction.

Experience might be an issue. Some people might not want to do it if they can't get experience. But if you have experience, you might get a level 1 character that is going to the area, to.... what's the word.... freeload experience off of the people that are really fighting. In which case, there would need to be arbitrators, who would go around and "take out" people that are there just standing around for a certain period of time. It would need something to enforce the whole "If you're not for us, you're against us."

Another thought surging through the synapses of my brain this morning.... and I haven't even had coffee yet!

-SaxyCorp
Blizzard has stated that the next phase of the beta will have a faction PvP server.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.