Cosmic Sympathy
My Frenzy Barb was just going through Nightmare Act IV when I got to the Hellforge. Everything was going great, Hestapho died easily and I got an Um.

Feeling pleased that the odds fell in my favor I went ahead and made the Cresent Moon Phase Blade I've been meaning to make. Well, I got a roll of 180%: the lowest I could have gotten. I was dissapointed, but still pleased to have one at all.

Anyway, I killed Diablo and then Baal within an hour and a half and, feeling good about myself, I started another game to level a bit before tackling Hell and guess what I found.

Another Um. Feeling slightly ridiculous I just made a brand new Duress as well.

Cosmic Sympathy for a low roll? Who knows. But keep on True Believer, it can happen to you.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Ah, i have come up with such a happening as well. While doing a mf run on nm andy, i saw various items drop. Of them, there was an amulet. A set amulet. In the back of my mind, every time i see a set amulet, its like my mind kicks in with chants with such words as "tals....tals....". Well, then reality hit me, i figured it wouldnt be a tals as it was nm andy and was thinking about not picking it up. However, I then thought to myself, heh, I might as well sell it for a few gold. I make the next game and go identify the items with cain. When i head over to akara, i scroll over the amulet, and lo and behold, tals! What a great feeling it brought. Just remember, it can happen to you too!
You just need ilvl 26+ for Tal Rasha. That includes all act bosses from normal Mephy onward and all normal monsters from act 5 normal onward (as well as some from act 4 normal). Theoretically, it could drop from a boss/minion as early as act 2 normal (in Tal Rasha's Tomb).

So it's almost always worth picking up set amulets ;).
Quote:So it's almost always worth picking up set amulets .
Also, one can never have just about enough Angelic amus...